INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Shoestring Astronomy focuser problem with KStars 3.3.3

• Thank you received: 420
I was able to test the fcusb driver tonight. Here's what I did:
- I enabled the nightly builds on my mini-pc
- When I noticed that the fcusb driver was not updated, I cloned the git repo today and built all drivers.
- Then I manually copied the fcusb driver to the /usr/bin directory

After that I was able to verify that now the autofocus procedure continues imaging and I was able to reach focus. However, after that the ASI1600MM camera stopped responding. I couldn't take any pictures anymore. Disconnecting the camera in the Ekos config and connecting it again did not solve the issue. I had to completely stop Ekos and restart it in order for the camera to become responsive again. Not sure what's causing this. Here are the logs. Please note that I stopped and started Ekos three times so there are three logs. You can ignore the first file. It was created when I started Ekos to verify that the indi_fcusb driver didn't crash. The other two files contain an attempt to autofocus (first attempt succeeded, second failed) after which in both cases the camera stopped responding.

Jasem, can you please make sure that the fcusb driver is included in the nightly builds? Many thanks!

Wouter
4 years 7 months ago #42152
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

It is already included in the latest nightly.. why do you think it's not?

Also, there was an issue with the ZWO in focus module that was also fixed few days ago.. maybe also compile indi-asi and check it out?
4 years 7 months ago #42175

Because when I did an update yesterday I didn't see it in the list of packages to be updated. I probably simply missed it, thanks!

EDIT: OK I now see that indi_fcusb_focus is part of the indi-bin package and that indeed gets updated with the nightly build.

OK will do, thanks!

EDIT: question: That fix is part of the nightly builds as well, because I see

Setting up indi-asi (1.3~201908130549~ubuntu18.04.1) ...

so doesn't that mean that the fix should already be on my system? If yes then I think the fix doesn't work...
Last edit: 4 years 7 months ago by Wouter van Reeven.
4 years 7 months ago #42178

Using the binaries compiled from the INDI source I was able tonight to verify that all works now. The autofocus procedure now works with the indi_fcusb_focuser driver and afterwards the ASI1600MM camera still takes images. Great!

So my question remains: why didn't this work with the nightly build?
4 years 7 months ago #42258

I purged the nightly build ppa which reinstalled the KStars 3.3.4 release files and confirmed that the dates of the indi driver files were reset (August 1, 2019). Then I enabled the nightly builds again and verified that the dates were updated again (August 20, 2019) so now I am sure that I have the latest versions once more. I'll verify a.s.a.p. that the issue has been fixed now.
4 years 7 months ago #42275

Time to create page: 1.044 seconds