INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Astromechanics focuser

• Thank you received: 0
I am trying to connect to an Astromechanics focuser but not getting very far. I am able to connect in ASCOM world, so do not think it's a device issue. I am completely new to Kstars and this is my first attempt, so I'm not too familiar with how to diagnose problems or what you need to provide help. I'll start with a screen shot.
4 years 7 months ago #41925
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Jasem Mutlaq on topic Astromechanics focuser

The screenshot shows you are trying to connect to bluetooth, you should probably select the 3rd port in the "System Ports" buttons.
4 years 7 months ago #41939

Replied by Neil Martin on topic Astromechanics focuser

Yesterday when I tried to change the port settings, nothing happened. Today I discovered, that once there is an unsuccessful attempt to connect, the port settings can't be changed. It appears that trying to connect, just hangs and no other operations will complete until the USB device is unplugged and reconnected.

Unfortunately, even when setting the port to remove bluetooth, the connection attempt still fails (just hangs).

Also, when choosing the port value from the system ports, the new value is placed in the left hand field. I assume that "set" should be pushed to save the value? Unfortunately, all that happens is that the left hand value gets overwritten by the right hand value. I did manage to force it, by copy/pasting from the left field to the right and then hitting "set". I'm sure that's not how it's supposed to work!

Is that setting supposed to persist across settings? It didn't for me.
4 years 7 months ago #41954

Replied by Jasem Mutlaq on topic Astromechanics focuser

Once you click the button and it's set in the left side then it is set in the driver. If it fails then you need to enable logs and attach them.
4 years 7 months ago #41962

I'm a little confused by "you need to enable logs". Aren't logs already enabled? I'm seeing logging messages in the client...

2019-08-12T14:48:12: [INFO] Auto search is enabled. When connecting, the driver shall attempt to communicate with all available system ports until a connection is established.
2019-08-12T14:46:36: [INFO] CMD (P#)
2019-08-12T14:46:09: [ERROR] Failed to connect to port (/dev/cu.usbserial-AK073DLD). Error: Port failure Error: Resource busy. Check if device is connected to this port.
2019-08-12T14:43:38: [ERROR] Failed to connect to port (/dev/cu.usbserial). Error: Port failure Error: No such file or directory. Check if device is connected to this port.
2019-08-12T14:44:39: [ERROR] Failed to connect to port (/dev/cu.usbserial-AK073DLD). Error: Port failure Error: Resource busy. Check if device is connected to this port.
2019-08-12T14:48:12: [ERROR] ERROR HANDSHAKE

Is there something else you need?
4 years 7 months ago #41967

• Thank you received: 2
Hi!

I'm the developer of the astromechanics focuser driver. You are using Mac-OS, aren't you? The driver is currently developed and tested on Linux only - I'll try to make it running on Mac-OS too in the next two weeks.

Best regards,
Chris.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jasem Mutlaq
4 years 7 months ago #41995

Hi Chris,

Yes I am using Mac OS!

Questions - I installed the Kstars application and from what I've seen, that has an internal Indi server. Does that limit my ability to install incrementation changes to Indi, such as your driver? i.e. would I have to wait for a new release of Kstars to pick up your change? Would that be different if I installed Indi independently on my machine?

-- Neil
4 years 7 months ago #42006

Hi Chris,

Just wondering if there has been any progress with the Mac OS X driver?

-- Neil
4 years 6 months ago #42717

Time to create page: 0.690 seconds