INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

ZWO EAF temperature probe not reading in INDI?

• Thank you received: 3
I'll admit that my temperature probe is a Moonlite analog jack probe, but it has the same concept and build as the ZWO version.

The probe isn't giving ambient temperature. It looks to be only reading internal temperature in EKOS. Since this driver is still 1.0, and the probe [advanced version of the EAF] is new, is this a feature that need to be added?

Thanks.
Last edit: 4 years 7 months ago by Kevin J Ware.
4 years 7 months ago #43015

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 138
AIUI the moonlite temperature probe is one of the Dallas one wire temperature sensors, is the ZWO temperature probe the same and does it have the same connections to the jack plug?

Even if the two systems use the same probe there are six different ways to connect 3 wires to a 3 pin plug so unless they say that the probe and connections are the same it's like throwing a double six.
4 years 7 months ago #43020

• Thank you received: 3
They are both an analog "headphone/stereo jack" style. And I know what you mean. There are ten ways to skin a CAT6. But as far as I can tell the probes are the same. Analog stereo jack, some insulation and conductive material at the end. That's why I was wondering if the 1.0 driver could have been the issue because ZWO did a ZWO and released the EAF before other accessories like the temp probe, handset, and additional mount brackets.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk
4 years 7 months ago #43035

• Thank you received: 168
I have the ZWO probe and temperature is read, though a bit noisy and I'm not sure how accurate, the value seems to jump around quite a bit so it's not very useful unfortunately.
4 years 7 months ago #43047

• Thank you received: 133
The connector on the EAF housing is not only for the temperature sensor, but also for the hand controller. So the wiring might very well be quite different.

For sure I can tell that the original EAF temperature sensor works properly with INDI/EKOS. So it's not missing SW support.
4 years 7 months ago #43093

Time to create page: 0.659 seconds