INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

FocusLynx backlash compensation

• Thank you received: 62
Enabling backlash compensation in INDI FocusLynx driver seems not to work properly on my Feathertouch HSM motor.
The 'backlash' box in the Ekos Focus module is grayed out and doesn't read the value from the driver.
And I cannot see any effect of the compensation while focusing.

Attached image shows both the INDI driver page and the Ekos Focus module backlash box.
Beside enabling backlash compensation and setting a value is there any other setting to change?

Ferrante
Last edit: 4 years 7 months ago by Ferrante Enriques.
4 years 7 months ago #43230
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

It turned out to be not related to the Focus Lynx driver itself but an wrong configuration of my INDI installation.
4 years 7 months ago #43313

• Thank you received: 12
Hi fenriques,

I'm using the HSM20 with Focuser Boss II, are you using the same? Could you also provide more details, as to what the configuration was and what you changed? Thank you!
4 years 7 months ago #43560

hi Jnowat,
Mine is a HSM30 with Focuser Boss II.
The issue was not related to the FocusLynx driver itself; I was using an older version of INDI drivers with a newer Ekos version.
That happened because I built INDI in a wrong directory (/usr/local instead of /usr), so any further apt update was not having effect on INDI drivers.
I had to remove all INDI files and libs from the /usr/local directory and subdirectory.

ferrante
4 years 7 months ago #43565

• Thank you received: 12
Ah, I see! So I'm having issues connecting my HSM20. Would you mind sharing your settings with me?

For instance, what model do you select?

Since you have the HSM30, do you set the microns/step to (25400um/in over 24,300 steps=, so... 1.0452um/step, then x10000=) 10452? Of course mine will be slightly higher at 13059 because of the HSM20.

Any other settings I should be aware of? Where did you find these details in the first place, on how to connect it? I find it counterintuitive and a bit confusing, and my searches for keywords give me very little. I will write a step by step instruction on how to connect the Focus Boss II and HSM to EKOS, but first I need to figure it out myself! I will appreciate any help you can give me.
4 years 7 months ago #43569

Time to create page: 0.213 seconds