INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Does ZWO EAF work with ekos?

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by Darren on topic Does ZWO EAF work with ekos?

Good to here Jasem, It is rather disconcerting that ZWO's support are saying that it doesn't work. At best it is misinformed technical staff, at worst it is them trying to enforce users into their closed ASI platform, the same way that they will not allow nonASI camera to work with the ASIAIR.

Darren
4 years 4 months ago #46217

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4

Replied by Jan on topic Does ZWO EAF work with ekos?

no unfortunately I have not bought this yet, but if jasem says so, I believe it.
Skywatcher Apo 80/600 EvoStar ED - Skywatcher HEQ-5 Pro SynScan GoTo - ZWO ASI294MC Pro - ( Nikon D500)
4 years 4 months ago #46218

• Thank you received: 420
Both my girlfriend and me will get a ZWO EAF by the end of this week for our telescopes. Good to read that Jasem confirms that it works :)

Wouter
4 years 4 months ago #46219

Darren, did ZWO say this in an email to you? Because I cannot find anything related to Stellarmate and EAF on the ZWO forum.

Clear skies, Wouter
4 years 4 months ago #46220

Replied by Darren on topic Does ZWO EAF work with ekos?

Yes Wouter, it was in an email, I challenged this in a reply to them. The response was as follows' " Sorry for the confusion. Our EAF should support the StellarMate, as they both use indi server. You may try to manage to get it working."
So it seems that they rowed back on their first email once challenged. I'm going to order one while they are on offer, and give it a go. I'm sure I will be able to get it working, even if it means a bit of trial and error.

Regards

Darren
4 years 4 months ago #46221

Thanks for the confirmation about the email Darren. I am constantly keeping an eye on the ZWO forum, mostly because of my own interest in their products but also to be able to correct incorrect statements. I haven't seen anything incorrect regarding INDI or INDI-related products but you never know!

Clear skies, Wouter
4 years 4 months ago #46222

• Thank you received: 133

I expect little trial and no error :cheer:
I (also) have one, and it works like a charm with INDI. Have fun with it!
4 years 4 months ago #46312

Mine arrived today and indeed it works like a charm. One question though: I have the advanced version with temperature sensor. In the INDI Control Panel I see the temperature of the sensor. How can I refocus with every 2 degree Celcius temperature difference? I don't think that's possible, right?

Wouter
The following user(s) said Thank You: Darren
4 years 4 months ago #46335

• Thank you received: 133
I haven't seen an option in EKOS. And have the same issue with my other focuser, a Pegasus DMFC. Shows temperature, but there's nothing I can do with it :(
Also, even though it is a snoop device for the camera, neither the temperature nor the focus position are added to the FITS header, which I think would be very nice to have (again, that's for both of them).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Darren
4 years 4 months ago #46336

Please, can someone, who owns ZWO EAF, post an output of the following command?

indi_getprop

In addition, I would be very grateful, if someone would confirm, if the ZWO EAF configuration in the graphical indi client can enable joystick support as it is in the focuser simulator.

Thank you
4 years 2 months ago #48075

• Thank you received: 165
Here is the relevant part, joystick enable control is there, haven't tried if it works, but it's handled by the common base class so it should.

File Attachment:

File Name: eaf.txt
File Size:1 KB
The following user(s) said Thank You: Marek Brunda
4 years 2 months ago #48080
Attachments:

Thank you very much for the information. There's everything I need so I can order it.
4 years 2 months ago #48081

Time to create page: 1.570 seconds