INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

RoboFocus bring-up on StellarMate

• Thank you received: 0
I'm in the process of bringing up my devices one at a time on a brand new StellarMate device. I have a lot of devices that I've accumulated over the years, but all have previously been running on Windows/ASCOM, and I have never used INDI before, so I'm just feeling my way around INDI/Ekos/KStars and powering up one device at a time and checking everything out.

Latest to bring up is a RoboFocus controller. This was previously plugged in to a Windows 10 stick PC and fully calibrated and configured. Connected to it via INDI and... connected right away, found all the settings and still knows what the focus position is. Pretty impressive. Didn't even have to tell it which virtual serial port to look for.

I can set the absolute focus position through the INDI dialog without any problem, but for some reason I get errors whenever I try to set the relative position. Is this expected? I'm not sure what the behavior of the UI is supposed to be for this. I'm assuming this won't matter, since I'm expecting the focus tool to use absolute positioning (I'm just setting everything up indoors for now, so I'm not able to test) but I'd be interested to know if anybody has any thoughts on this.

I'm also getting occasional "TTY timeout" errors in the log. Not very frequent; about every 20 seconds or so. It doesn't seem to impact the operation at all. I'm assuming this is just the serial port losing a bit and tossing the request or response, but again, I'd be interested to know if this is typical.

Any pointers or feedback would be much appreciated...
4 years 6 months ago #44400

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.180 seconds