INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Manual focus?

• Thank you received: 2
So far I have not used any focusing in indilib since I focus manually using liveview on my DSLR and a Bahtinov-mask
Now, waiting for a ASI294MC Pro camera, how do I focus with that camera since there is no liveview?

Can I use the focus-module with the ASI294 in a manual way?

Regards
Håkan Wahlberg
4 years 2 months ago #48530

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 375

Replied by Radek Kaczorek on topic Manual focus?

Yes you can. Use "framing" button on Ekos focus tab and observe HFR while focusing manually.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Håkan Wahlberg
4 years 2 months ago #48531

• Thank you received: 133

Replied by Peter Sütterlin on topic Manual focus?

Either that, or if you want to continue using the Bahtinov mask, you can also use the camera tab of EKOS, either the 'loop preview', or the video stream.
4 years 2 months ago #48578

• Thank you received: 420

Replied by Wouter van Reeven on topic Manual focus?

Or the loop functionality in the Focus tab. You can disable the display of the detected stars by clicking the right most button in the image button bar when you hover your mouse over it.
4 years 2 months ago #48581

• Thank you received: 40

Replied by David Tate on topic Manual focus?

As have been said, you can use the loop function in the "Guide Control" tab. But a neat trick I found is that you can switch cameras in the drop down. I can now use my Bahtinov masks for both the main camera and the Guide camera. Just change the drop-down Guider camera in use. Just remember to switch back to your guider camera ;) (and don't forget to take of the masks... I've never forgot that, haha, yeah right)

I use my Bahtinov mask to get close. then the rest of the night use the focusing module. Because my filters are of course different focus values, I just use the Bahtinov mask for the Lum filter (or whatever you use as the first filter) and then let the module find the rest of the values. Then put the offsets in the "Funnel" icon and let the focuser change the values as my filters change.
4 years 2 months ago #48598

Time to create page: 0.636 seconds