INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

PrimaLuceLab Arco Rotator support?

• Thank you received: 10

you are right, but I read somewhere Prima Luce Labs wanted to start shipping soon, latest end of the year.
Skywatcher Newton 200/1000, Sharpstar 60ED, Canon Lenses
Skywatcherr EQ-6 R, AZ-GTI
StellarMate @ Raspberry Pi 3B+
ASI 183 MC Pro
ASI 290 MC guiding cam on APM 60 ImageMaster
Sesto Senso 2 Focuser + Astromechanics Canon Focuser

3 years 6 months ago #59379

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 155
Any movement on this issue? I'm in the market for a rotator and have the Esatto so this would be a good option.
2 years 3 months ago #78461

You can open an issue on INDI Github and maybe fund this so that developers might step in to make the driver. OR contact Primaluca directly to ask for this.
2 years 3 months ago #78466

• Thank you received: 18
I asked Primaluce and got the following response:

“ ​ESATTO indilib driver is not official, we do not provide drivers for other platforms than Windows.”
2 years 3 months ago #78722

• Thank you received: 69
If Primaluce don't support it then I guess you would need to wait until a developer either has access to an ARCO, or if Primaluce would release the sub-command set for the ARCO.

The only thing I can see on my SestoSenso 2 settings dump from previous work on it is a variable ARCO (which is set to 0 on mine, which probably indicates that ARCO is not present / disabled). Although I've not checked since the recent firmware upgrade.

I imagine if an ARCO was present there might be some dumps in what we see coming from the SestoSenso 2 which would give a hint as to how to drive the ARCO.

As Jasem said, ensure there is an issue created on Github, and someone might look to pick up and work on it.
2 years 3 months ago #78724

• Thank you received: 2
Any news about the topic? I am thinking about buying the esatto focuser. Is it likely, that the Arco-support on indi is only a matter of time?

CS

Christian
2 years 1 month ago #80581

• Thank you received: 69
Firstly, no one has raised a github issue for this. That would be the first step to formerly raise this as a requirement.

As far as I can see these are still pre-order only, so there are no physical units out there in the field.

Someone contacted Primaluce and their response was no helpful.

So at the moment developing any feature to use the Arco under INDI would be impossible, we don't know how it works, we don't have any working units to figure out how it works and we have no information from the manufacturer to state how it should work.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Jasem Mutlaq
2 years 1 month ago #80583

Thank you, Giles.
I just receivded an Arco, so it is no longer only pre-order.
How would I raise a Github issue for this?
How could I help in finding out about the command set or whatever you need to create a driver?

CS

Christian
2 years 1 month ago #80694

When the Esatto Focuser Driver was created, it seems like somebody initially found out about the command set by logging the com communication betwen the device and the pc when the focuser was controlled by ascom (?) or the primaluce app (?).

How could I do this?
2 years 1 month ago #80707

Ok, today I learned how to monitor my serial port. The command that makes the Arco move to an absolute position of 20 degrees is

{"req":{"cmd":{"MOT2":{"GOTO":{"DEG":20.0002}}}}}

I can send this command to the com-Port in the monitoring tool I use and the Arco starts rotating.

I am absolutely inexperienced in cpp programming. I don't know the requirements of the driver interfaces. So setting up a driver would take years if I do it. What I can do is to find out more commands.

Is anybody out there who can translate that into a driver and would like to do it?
2 years 1 month ago #80716

This is what I could find out so far about the communiaction with ARCO. The following requests and responses are being sent via the serial port in the respective situations:

DISABLE ARCO
{"req":{"set": {"ARCO": 0}}}
{"res":{"set":{"ARCO":"done"}}}

ENABLE ARCO
{"req":{"set": {"ARCO": 1}}}
{"res":{"set":{"ARCO":"done"}}}

REPEATED STANDARD STATUS COMMUNICATION
{"req":{"get": {"ARCO":"","MOT1":""}}}}} //(2x --> Why?)
{"res":{"get":{"ARCO":1,"MOT1":{"ABS_POS":0,"EL_POS":0,"MARK":0,"SPEED":0,"ACC":70,"DEC":70,"MAX_SPEED":65,"MIN_SPEED":0,"TVAL_HOLD":2,"TVAL_RUN":18,"TVAL_ACC":18,"TVAL_DEC":18,"T_FAST":25,"TON_MIN":41,"TOFF_MIN":41,"FS_SPD":39,"OCD_TH":2,"STEP_MODE":4,"CONFIG":11904,"ALARM":255,"STATUS":{"HIZ":1,"UVLO":0,"TH_SD":0,"TH_WRN":0,"OCD":0,"WCMD":0,"NOPCMD":0,"BUSY":0,"DIR":"In","MST":"stop"},"SUBMODEL":"ESATTO3","NTC_T":"30.28","BKLASH":0,"CAL_STATUS":"stop","CAL_MAXPOS":731000,"CAL_BKLASH":149,"CAL_MIN_LO":0,"CAL_MIN_HI":19364,"CAL_MAX_LO":685087,"CAL_MAX_HI":731000,"CAL_OFFMIN":19364,"HSENDET":1,"CAL_MINPOS":0,"CAL_HOMEP":1000,"CAL_NUMOF":2,"CAL_DIR":"normal","LASTDIR":0,"HOLDCURR_STATUS":0,"COMPENSATION_POS":0.00000,"POSITION":0.00000,"POSITION_MEC":0.00000}}}}

{"req":{"get": {"CALRESTART": ""}}} (2x --> why?)
{"res":{"get":{"CALRESTART":{"MOT1":0,"MOT2":1}}}} //(="ARCO-MOTOR needs recalibration, ESATTO Motor is ok!" (Request was sent after Disable ARCO and reENABLE Arco!)

{"req":{"get": {"ARCO_LEDBLINKSTATUS":""}}} //(Only occurs when CALRESTART = 1 for MOT2, i.e. when ARCO needs recal))
{"res":{"get":{"ARCO_LEDBLINKSTATUS":"CalRestart_MaxPosEqualMinPos"}}}

{"req":{"get":{"EXT_T":""}}}
{"res":{"get":{"EXT_T":"-127.00"}}}

{"req":{"get":{"VIN_12V":""}}}
{"res":{"get":{"VIN_12V":"12.45"}}}

{"req":{"get":{"VIN_USB":""}}}
{"res":{"get":{"VIN_USB":"5.16"}}}

{"req":{"get":{"MOT2":{"ABS_POS":"DEG","COMPENSATION_POS":"DEG","POSITION":"DEG"}}}}
{"res":{"get":{"MOT2":{"ABS_POS":"0.000157220[deg]","COMPENSATION_POS":"-0.000157220[deg]","POSITION":"0.000000000[deg]","STATUS":{"HIZ":1,"UVLO":0,"TH_SD":0,"TH_WRN":0,"OCD":0,"WCMD":0,"NOPCMD":0,"BUSY":0,"DIR":"CCW","MST":"stop"},"HSENDET":1}}}}

GOTO ANGLE
Go to an angle of 20 Degrees
{"req":{"cmd":{"MOT2":{"GOTO":{"DEG":20.0002}}}}}

CALIBRATION
Start calibration:
{"req":{"set": {"MOT2":{"CAL_STATUS": "exec"}}}}
Response:
{"res":{"set":{"MOT2":{"CAL_STATUS":"done","STATUS":{"HIZ":1,"UV

Asc for motor-calibration status: (still calibrating??)
{"req":{"get": {"MOT2" :{"CAL_STATUS":""}}}}...

Response:
{"res":{"get":{"MOT2":{"CAL_STATUS":"stop","STATUS":{"HIZ":1,"UV...
or
{"res":{"get":{"MOT2":{"CAL_STATUS":"exec","STATUS":{"HIZ":1,"UV...
2 years 1 month ago #80725

I modified the existing Sestosenso2 / Esatto driver and added Arco support.
The Rotator section of the driver now allows for goto, abort, sync and calibration.

github.com/ChristianHen/indi/blob/Add-Es...user/sestosenso2.cpp
github.com/ChristianHen/indi/blob/Add-Es...ocuser/sestosenso2.h
The following user(s) said Thank You: W J Drijfhout
2 years 4 weeks ago #80971

Time to create page: 1.048 seconds