INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

manual focusing messes with Scheduler?

• Thank you received: 1
I don't have a motorized focuser on my Newt. I've used the Focus module to focus a few times manually but not with the Scheduler. I used the Scheduler a couple times for one object just learning how. Tonite I was setting up imaging two objects in the Scheduler . I leave the Focus box unchecked in the Scheduler. Before starting the sequence I went to the focus module and did focusing manually and then hit stop in the focus once I was done like I've done before. Go back to Scheduler and started the first sequence for imaging an object. It started up ok, but then started a focusing routine as if I had a motorized focuser. I went back to focus module and hit stop again but got a still trying to focus message. The scheduler would not stop trying to run an atuo-focus even though focus was unchecked . I stopped it, disconnected and reconnected all from the main module. Got the same problem after reconnecting a couple times. Finally shut down the program, restarted, deleted and reloaded all the sequence stuff in the Scheduler w/o doing anything in the Focus module. That time the Scheduler started the sequence of slewing, plate solving and imaging with no problem.

Is this a 'known-bug' or just some weird conflict that you just don't use the Focus module with a manual focuser? I'm using Kstars 3.5.2 stable on a MacBook Pro, 10.14.
3 years 3 weeks ago #68119

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 301
The repeating focus procedure after clicking stop was indeed a regression that is now fixed.

In the case of the triggered autofocus, was the procedure started by a periodic event? Check if the checkbox "refocus every N seconds" is enabled in your Focus tab, and disable it.

-Eric
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ron M
Last edit: 3 years 2 weeks ago by Eric.
3 years 2 weeks ago #68515

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.344 seconds