INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

EFW 8-Position Filter Wheel

• Thank you received: 5
Hello everyone. I know this has come up before, but I can't find a solution on the forums.

I've just got a new ZWO EFW 8-position filter wheel, and I went to the Indi Control Panel in EKOS to uptdate the filter slots, but it only shows five slots, not eight. However when I go to the Capture module and click on the filter wheel button it shows eight slots (which I can't edit); also the dialog on connection and startup shows that EKOS recognises an 8-position wheel.

I have updated all the latest indi drivers as of today (13APR21), and I have the latest EKOS 3.5.2 stable version. I'm using a NUC mini-PC running KDE Neon/Ubuntu.
Last edit: 3 years 3 days ago by Mark Sandford.
3 years 3 days ago #69996
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 420
You can edit the corresponding XML file in the .indi (mind the dot at the start of that name!!!) directory and add the missing slots there. Then 8 slots will show up in all screens of Ekos. It would be nice if this could be detected automatically of course.
3 years 3 days ago #69997

Ah, thanks. I've never attempted that before, I'll see how I go.

Yes, would be very very handy if this were automatic, it's not like a ZWO EFW is a rare piece of gear.
3 years 2 days ago #70029

Well, it worked! Thanks for the tip. But where are the devs here, this should be a very easy item to implement into the driver for a very common piece of equipment.
3 years 2 days ago #70041

It happened to me as well with my 7 position EFW.
And I am not so sure that this is easy to fix. It depends on how the EFW reports via the driver. If all of them just report EFW then it is impossible to know how many positions there are. However, in that case it would be nice to have a way to manually add more positions in the Ekos interface.
3 years 2 days ago #70043

If you completely purge the configuration (i.e. delete XML file) and restart the driver, how many it reports?
3 years 1 day ago #70051

• Thank you received: 57
Weird. My 8-filter EFW reports 8 filters and has worked fine from the start, also running on kubuntu 20.04.2 LTS.
3 years 1 day ago #70097

It probably is related to what Jasem wrote. I used a 5 slot EFW before and probably didn't erase the XML file.
Last edit: 3 years 1 day ago by Wouter van Reeven.
3 years 1 day ago #70098

Hello Jasem. Yes, the updated INDI driver works for the 8-filter EFW. I had to completely reinstall KSTARS/EKOS recently and it recognises it correctly.
2 years 11 months ago #70493

Time to create page: 0.590 seconds