INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Issue persists between Pegasus Focus Cube and Power Box

• Thank you received: 1
Jasem:  I am using the "Pegasus Focus Cube" driver.

It does appear however that Jerry's issue may be resolved by switching out the DMFC driver.

Any thought about the USB port behavior that I am still seeing from my 2nd post in this thread?  I tried a number of combinations yet nothing is making connection consistent? 

It would seem that since each serial device is registered by it's own unique serial id that it would lock the USB ports in place and not cause the auto search confusion that I am seeing.
Last edit: 2 years 11 months ago by Paul Imm. Reason: Clarity
2 years 11 months ago #70881

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Did you try turning off "Auto Connect" in your profile? I suggest you then connect each driver individually, if OK, then turn off Auto Search, and then go to Options --> Save Configuration. When all is OK, then you then edit the profile again and turn on "Auto Connect".
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paul Imm
2 years 11 months ago #70883

Jasem,

Thank you for this idea.  I thought that it would immediately work as it should remove the auto connect confusion.

I replicated your instructions and the connection still failed.

I think there might be one more problem that may or may not need untangled.

The image below shows that there are 2 port connection options.  Highlighted is the Focus Cube unique serial ID even though I'm in the INDI control panel under the PPBA device.  Is there a way to remove the unwanted device's serial id.  I think that my PPBA wants to connect as the Focus Cube.

Hopefully this might resolve some of the conflict.  Thank you.

2 years 11 months ago #70886
Attachments:

• Thank you received: 27
The left one the one in ports that is the one the you are is connecting to. The right box is just for "entering" a device. That will be activated when you use the "Set" button. (Otherwhise it has NO effect)

The system-ports indicate the available ports on your system. Select the correct one and DON't forget to SAVE in the options tab
Paul
Last edit: 2 years 11 months ago by PDB.
2 years 11 months ago #70888

• Thank you received: 69
Thanks for pointing that out. That was the problem! I was using an older profile that hadn't been updated. Duh.
All connections succeed and everything appears to work now, although I have to wait until tonight to fully test.

Many Thanks for all your hard tireless work.
2 years 11 months ago #70890

Are you sure StellarMate is up to date? Everything installed? It looks like there was a bug that already fixed in stable. Make sure you are on the stable channel and update everything.
2 years 11 months ago #70892

Jasem,

As far as I know everything is up to date with the Stellarmate Software.

I went through the Software Update icon on the Stellarmate desktop.

I am using the SM OS 1.5.8.

The INDI Control Panel does look different than the previous version I was using in the Connection tab.

I am using the SM OS 1.5.8.

The INDI Control Panel does look different than the previous version I was using in the Connection tab.

I am not sure what you are referring to as far as being connected to the stable channel.  I am not using the upper right tab Stellarmate 2.

If you need any specific information from my setup for bug detection let me know.

Thank you for your help in sorting this issue out.
Last edit: 2 years 11 months ago by Paul Imm.
2 years 11 months ago #70901
Attachments:

Paul, please send an email to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. so we can follow this up.
2 years 11 months ago #70902

• Thank you received: 140
Well there is the issue, the desktop updater does not work and never has, it’s supposed to be being fixed, but nothing as of yesterday...so use this command to update your system, and then re try....

sudo apt update && sudo apt dist-upgrade
2 years 11 months ago #70903

AstroNerd:  I used the sudo script and it did go through an update routine.  As far as I know this has resolved the connection issue as every time I enter Ekos the connection resolves itself.

I am however seeing one undesirable behavior when I hit the disconnect button to close the INDI Control Panel this drops me to the Stellarmate desktop without actually closing the INDI Control Panel.  The next time I get into Ekos and the INDI Control Panel it warns me that an instance is still running.

I'm hoping that the sudo script went successfully all the way through the install routine.

Just in the event that it didn't I'll attach a screen shot of the end of the install.

If this looks normal I guess I can't suspect that it was due to the install fading out.

Even if the exit to the desktop disconnect is not fixable it is very awesome that the connection behavior appears to be resolved.

Thank you!

Last edit: 2 years 11 months ago by Paul Imm. Reason: Added image
2 years 11 months ago #70910
Attachments:

• Thank you received: 140
Your welcome and I am glad it fixed the Pegasus issue, as for your disconnect problem, I have seen this before but can’t remember how it was fixed, but don’t think it’s anything to do with the update...
2 years 11 months ago #70919

Yes, I do wish this would exit the INDI Control Panel properly but even so at least now I can continue with the rest of the set up and tweak these minor details instead of being stopped dead at the starting line.
2 years 11 months ago #70942

Time to create page: 1.620 seconds