INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Forum Tips, Tricks, Questions, and suggestions

• Thank you received: 109
This forum is really neat, but it would be neater if I could ask questions about how to use it better.

If you have wanted to ask about the operation of this forum, or have a suggestion on how to make it better, or just a cool trick you learned to do with the forum that might help others, this is the spot.

Jim
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tom
Last edit: 3 years 4 months ago by Jim. Reason: Subject
3 years 4 months ago #63064

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 53
When you say "this is the spot" do you mean to post in this thread or into this sub-forum?
Last edit: 3 years 4 months ago by Ken Self.
3 years 4 months ago #63129
Attachments:

Given your cartoon, the proper answer here is "yes." :)

Truly though, either is fine. Perhaps we do it this way. If a simple fix, add to this thread. If it may take some discussion or solicitation of input from others, create a new post.

Jim
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ken Self
3 years 4 months ago #63130

Thanks, Jim.
How about this one. This forum used to have a "Mark All as Read" option at the top level. Most other forums have this too. I've only been able to find this option at sub-forum level which makes it impractical. I assume it's a fairly simple configuration.
3 years 4 months ago #63135

I looked for this after the site was updated, but never found it. I ended up having to do some internet sleuthing.

In the top nav bar
On the far right side, is a little button.

Push it.
3 years 4 months ago #63137
Attachments:

• Thank you received: 30
On that spot, on the upper entry (‘My Status’) text is in light light grey on a white background and I can barely see it.
This is in my iPAD.
Maybe the text could be darkened for better contrast.
3 years 4 months ago #63143

I don't have that on my nav bar, just this:

Whereas on each subforum I see:
3 years 4 months ago #63144
Attachments:

• Thank you received: 30
At far right. The person icon on white circle.
3 years 4 months ago #63145

Got it. I was lookign for the unlabelled tab next to "Unapproaved" [sic] on Jims screen shot Didn't think of the person icon as when I hovered over it the URL was tagged with "#kmodallogout" so I thought it would log me out. But that is just one of the options that pops up

Hmmm.... Somehow I managed to alter the thread title instead of just my post heading. Tried changing it back but that didn't work.
3 years 4 months ago #63146

• Thank you received: 0
Account registration / Username/ password lost

Hello,
I think I had an account to participate to this forum long ago, but did not need/wanted (?) to use it until very recently. When I tried to login, of course I did not remember my username and was unable to login.
On my computer, when clicking on "Forgot your username ?" , the link (www.indilib.org/component/users/?view=remind&Itemid=435) opens an introduction window which certainly does not help finding back my username.
Also, when clicking on "Forgot your password ? " The site is supposed to send a mail to my e-mail address, mail which I did never receive despite several trials.

Therefore I said to myself: I am not yet registered ! BUT, when trying to open a new account, my main e-mail address (This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.) was considered as already registered (!?) so I had to open a new account with my second e-mail address (This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.).
Any idea if something has to be corrected concerning this process ?:) Can I switch the e-mail adresse of my account from the second to the first one ?
2 months 1 week ago #98250

• Thank you received: 0

I had the same experience trying to recover a lost password; the email never came. So I made a new email and a new account, the activation link for that came through just fine.
1 week 6 days ago #99725

Time to create page: 0.578 seconds