INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Failed to connect to INDI Server

• Thank you received: 3
Hello,

First clear night in ages & the usual problems.  I have connected over ethernet to a Stellarmate RPi3 which is connected to my scope setup.  I can vnc into the Stellarmate, close Kstars and then open the web manager & start an INDI server.  It say server is online.  But then when I go back to the KStars on the laptop, and try & connect it says "Failed to connect to remote INDI server"!  What am I doing wrong?  This is the first time I'm using it since upgrading from 3.5.2 to 3.5.4.  Is it a problem w that?

First clear night in ages...aaargh.

Vin
2 years 7 months ago #75145

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Here are the messages it reports:
"Establishing communication with remote INDI Web Manager...
Warning: INDI Web Manager is not online.
Connecting to remote INDI server at stellarmate.local on port 7,624 ...
Failed to connect to remote INDI server."

But INDI Web Manager IS online - I can see it on the screen as online.  And when I press "Web Manager" on the Profile Editor, it goes to stellar mate.local:8624 and shows "Server is Online".

This is r-e-a-l-l-y frustrating.

2 years 7 months ago #75147

Just putting the fix on here in case of help to anyone else.  Had logged a support ticket at SM & Jasem replied saying that the thing to do is to NOT start a Web Manager on the remote Pi through vnc.  Instead to click Web Manager button on the laptop Kstars & start the server that way (and then ofc connect the relevant equipment profile etc).

< I guess that must be a change in something in 3.5.4 b/c previously starting the server via vnc on the remote Pi used to work but I guess s/t changed in the software - at least there's a working protocol now :) >

This has been working last few times.

Cheers
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jasem Mutlaq
2 years 7 months ago #75251

Time to create page: 0.484 seconds