INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Strange behaviour storing images remotely

• Thank you received: 33
Hi,
I am relatively new to using INDI server remotely.
I noticed the following strange behaviour last night when I opted to store images both (locally + remote). I used the scheduler and asked it capture 25 images. It stored 25 in my local folder but on the remote folder I found 28!
Also when I tried to store only remotely, it just wouldnt show progress updates in the scheduler and in the end I had to abort.
Has anyone else faced this behaviour?

I have the following setup:
- Laptop running Linux Mint with Kstars 3.5.4 Stable
- RPi built from Astroberry build and latest version of INDI
Laptop is connected to RPi using Ethernet cable and camera is connected via USB to RPi. Kstars is run from laptop and connects to INDI server on RPi.

Clear Skies,
Pramod

My kit: SW 130PDS on a HEQ5 Pro mount, ZWO ASI533mc Pro, 30mm guidescope with ASI120mm mini, managed using Kstars/Ekos, RPi with Stellarmate OS, ASI224mc, bits and bobs for visual observations.
Last edit: 2 years 7 months ago by AstroMuni.
2 years 7 months ago #75284

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Scheduler wouldn't work with only remote images, it cannot perform counting on a remote system yet.
2 years 7 months ago #75292

Hmm....is that why the number of images captured locally vs on remote folder was different?
BTW, how does the Analysis tab figure out if a Capture has taken place? Cause that seemed to be aware of the number of captures.....
Clear Skies,
Pramod

My kit: SW 130PDS on a HEQ5 Pro mount, ZWO ASI533mc Pro, 30mm guidescope with ASI120mm mini, managed using Kstars/Ekos, RPi with Stellarmate OS, ASI224mc, bits and bobs for visual observations.
2 years 7 months ago #75341

@Jasem Is there a bug/wishlist item to make this work for remotely stored images? As I mentioned in my previous post, where does the Analysis tab gather the info to figure out that a capture has been done and could this same info be used as the basis for the scheduler to figure out the same info??
Clear Skies,
Pramod

2 years 7 months ago #75620

Time to create page: 1.278 seconds