INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Ekos crashes/restarts when running polar alignment routine

• Thank you received: 1
i have just upgraded stellarmate to v1.6.0 , now everytime i do polar alignment after it captures 3rd image and is processing wcs data ekos will just close and i have to restart ekos which then says i have an instance of ekos allready running do i wish to close this one first.any help please? i have attached the last 3 log files which does show warning;[2021-09-27T22:23:51.097 BST WARN ][                       default] - qrc:/qml/mount/mountbox.qml:502:17: QML MouseArea: Detected anchors on an item that is managed by a layout. This is undefined behavior; use Layout.alignment instead.[2021-09-27T22:23:51.118 BST WARN ][                       default] - qrc:/qml/mount/mountbox.qml:428: ReferenceError: xi18n is not defined
thank you in advance  

File Attachment:

File Name: log_22-23-28.txt
File Size:185 KB

File Attachment:

File Name: log_22-20-10.txt
File Size:157 KB

File Attachment:

File Name: log_22-33-54.txt
File Size:773 KB
Last edit: 2 years 6 months ago by Robert.
2 years 6 months ago #76033
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Can you run KStars via Ekos Debugger? It should be on the desktop. Just start Ekos Debugger and click "Start". You can also check "Alignment" checkbox. When it crashes, you can share the logs as they would be more useful.
2 years 6 months ago #76041

I will try tonight if it clears here. Or will try simulator see if that produces same result.
thank you
2 years 6 months ago #76052

are these logs any better. i ran the debugger as you said, and have just run polar alignment again, then after 3rd image kstars closed/crashed then i saved log files.
hope they help.
thank you

File Attachment:

File Name: kstars_deb...9-01.txt
File Size:5 KB

File Attachment:

File Name: log_22-09-01.txt
File Size:856 KB
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jasem Mutlaq
2 years 5 months ago #76083
Attachments:

Thanks, yes the logs are useful and I know where the crash is happening, but there is no explanation why. Can you do me one more favor? Use the capture module, capture 3 images in your camera. First at home position, then 30 degrees west/east, then 30 degrees further once more. I'll use your images to exactly replicate the polar alignment routine.

Zip the 3 FITS images and upload them to something like Google drive or Dropbox and share a link, that would be greatly appreciated.
Last edit: 2 years 5 months ago by Jasem Mutlaq.
2 years 5 months ago #76100

i will try when it clears here,
also do the images have to be 30 degrees apart exactly? will rough manual movement do?.I usually only do 15 degrees during polar alignment due to my limited field of view and as i cant see polaris i start my routine way off home position.
thank you
Last edit: 2 years 5 months ago by Robert. Reason: edit
2 years 5 months ago #76130

if a rough alignment is ok i managed to get a few shots between the clouds. i done 2 runs of the polar alignment (both times crashed) then tried as best i could to copy position of mount then took 2 lots of images.
and please ignore rough stars. i have to do polar alignment through glass skylight. hense the limited field of view.
thank you for your help

drive.google.com/drive/folders/1xpdl5_Z1...8GEXACqQ?usp=sharing
2 years 5 months ago #76132

Time to create page: 0.990 seconds