INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

New All Sky camera management software: indi-allsky

• Thank you received: 65

If I had a way of measuring seeing, I would certainly try to implement something. I have had done some exploration with others about trying to measure the apparent/absolute magnitude of the sky (like a proper SQM). It is extremely difficult. Measuring magnitude would require controlling for 2 variables that are unique to almost every allsky camera: QE/frequency response of the sensor and the lens.

I would love some help in getting even a close approximation of magnitude converting an ADU value to a magnitude. It would almost certainly require some local offset for every camera/lens combination, I just do not quite understand the math involved.
1 year 2 months ago #89465

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 0
Yes, I try it, but when uses remote INDI server the telescope mount, filter wheel and other cameras are missing, only ZWO ASI and Telescope simulator appear.

Regards

Ferran
1 year 2 months ago #89470

You can add the additional servers/drivers in ~/.config/systemd/user/indiserver.service and restart (and reboot) so that the indiserver has all of the drivers. I just merged a change that would allow you to specify the camera name in the config in case you have multiple cameras attached. indi-allsky normally just selects the first available camera it detects.

There are also ways to daisy chain indiservers together. Let me know if you are interested in that.
1 year 2 months ago #89515

• Thank you received: 223
Found the following error:
./setup.sh: line 1267: /home/heidenrod/GitHubstuff/indi-allsky/virtualenv/indi-allsky/bin/activate: No such file or directory

heidenrod@heidenrod-obs:~/GitHubstuff/indi-allsky$ ll /home/heidenrod/GitHubstuff/indi-allsky/virtualenv/indi-allsky/bin/activate
ls: cannot access '/home/heidenrod/GitHubstuff/indi-allsky/virtualenv/indi-allsky/bin/activate': No such file or directory
heidenrod@heidenrod-obs:~/GitHubstuff/indi-allsky$ ll /home/heidenrod/GitHubstuff/indi-allsky/virtualenv/indi-allsky/
.gitignore lib/ local/ pyvenv.cfg
heidenrod@heidenrod-obs:~/GitHubstuff/indi-allsky$ ll /home/heidenrod/GitHubstuff/indi-allsky/virtualenv/indi-allsky/local/bin/activate
-rw-rw-r-- 1 heidenrod heidenrod 2187 Feb 6 14:53 /home/heidenrod/GitHubstuff/indi-allsky/virtualenv/indi-allsky/local/bin/activate
heidenrod@heidenrod-obs:~/GitHubstuff/indi-allsky$

RESOLVED:
edited the wrong path in setup.sh
Last edit: 1 year 1 month ago by Gonzothegreat.
1 year 1 month ago #90235

Also this one:
Failed to connect to bus: Operation not permitted (consider using --machine=<user>@.host --user to connect to bus of other user)

Resolved from a previous post of mine in this thread:
export XDG_RUNTIME_DIR=/run/user/$(id -u)
1 year 1 month ago #90236

Flask command issue.

./setup.sh: line 1848: flask: command not found

heidenrod@heidenrod-obs:~/GitHubstuff/indi-allsky$ pip3 list | grep -i flask
Flask 2.2.2
Flask-Login 0.6.2
Flask-Migrate 4.0.4
Flask-SQLAlchemy 3.0.3
Flask-WTF 1.1.1
heidenrod@heidenrod-obs:~/GitHubstuff/indi-allsky$

RESOLVED:
I've added the direct path to flask in the setup.sh file
1 year 1 month ago #90239

I am happy you got it resolved.

It looks to me like the python modules were setup without a virtual environment. The setup.sh script assumes a virtual environment will be used. If it is not, the gunicorn service will also have to be updated.
1 year 1 month ago #90244

• Thank you received: 14
Hi Aaron. Any pointers to good config.json and other settings for pi HQ imx477 camera ?
I have it working (pi4, bullseye, arm64, astroberry repo, latest indi-allsky git), but
I am having issues with too low exposure (esp night) and green glow issue, so white balance is way off.
Cheers,
Nick
1 year 1 month ago #90433

• Thank you received: 1
Just installed this, on my Raspberry Pi 4 2 GB with a Pi HQ camera.

It won't allow me to save any any changes made in config tab. I just get the message: "Please fix the errors above. And the issues then seems to be that it says that IMX477 is an invalid camera interface. No pictures seem to be taken.

What do I do?
1 year 1 month ago #90465

What lens are you using and what are your exposure settings?

For the green bias, enable the SCNR setting with Maximum Neutral and it should correct that issue.
1 year 1 month ago #90499

I found a typo that would have prevented selecting the IMX477 and IMX378 cameras.

Fixed in github.com/aaronwmorris/indi-allsky/pull/561
1 year 1 month ago #90500

• Thank you received: 1
Thank you, that sorted that problem out.

Now, here's where I am stuck at the moment:

"Feb 13 11:32:09 raspberrypi [ERROR] ImageWorker001 image.saferun() #256: Frame not found: /tmp/tmpuw5wsrgt.dng
Feb 13 11:32:09 raspberrypi [INFO] MainProcess allsky.run() #1073: Exposure received in 0.1482 s (0.1472)
Feb 13 11:32:09 raspberrypi [ERROR] MainProcess libcamera.getCcdExposureStatus() #246: libcamera sensor temperature key not found
Feb 13 11:32:09 raspberrypi [ERROR] MainProcess libcamera.getCcdExposureStatus() #230: Metadata file not found: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/tmp/tmprmdl_eew.json'
Feb 13 11:32:09 raspberrypi [ERROR] MainProcess libcamera.getCcdExposureStatus() #221: libcamera-still error: b"ERROR: *** unrecognised option '--metadata-format' ***\n"
Feb 13 11:32:09 raspberrypi [ERROR] MainProcess libcamera.getCcdExposureStatus() #221: libcamera-still error: b'Camera closed\n'
Feb 13 11:32:09 raspberrypi [ERROR] MainProcess libcamera.getCcdExposureStatus() #221: libcamera-still error: b'Tearing down requests, buffers and configuration\n'
Feb 13 11:32:09 raspberrypi [ERROR] MainProcess libcamera.getCcdExposureStatus() #221: libcamera-still error: b'Camera stopped!\n'
Feb 13 11:32:09 raspberrypi [ERROR] MainProcess libcamera.getCcdExposureStatus() #221: libcamera-still error: b'Closing Libcamera application(frames displayed 0, dropped 0)\n'
Feb 13 11:32:09 raspberrypi [INFO] MainProcess allsky.run() #1142: Total time since last exposure 15.0102 s
Feb 13 11:32:09 raspberrypi [INFO] MainProcess libcamera.setCcdExposure() #181: image command: libcamera-still --immediate --nopreview --raw --denoise off --awbgains 1,1 --gain 1 --shutter 1000 --metadata /tmp/tmprmdl_eew.json --metadata-format json --output /tmp/tmpuw5wsrgt.dng
Feb 13 11:32:09 raspberrypi [INFO] MainProcess allsky.shoot() #1720: Taking 0.00100001 s exposure (gain 1)
Feb 13 11:32:01 raspberrypi [INFO] MainProcess allsky._queueManualTasks() #2295: Checking for manually submitted tasks
Feb 13 11:32:01 raspberrypi [INFO] MainProcess indi.getTelescopeRaDec() #834: Telescope Coord: RA 21.12, Dec 58.29
Feb 13 11:32:01 raspberrypi [INFO] MainProcess allsky.detectMoonMode() #1519: Moon altitide: -16:16:12.9, phase 52.6%
Feb 13 11:32:01 raspberrypi [INFO] MainProcess allsky.detectNight() #1502: Sun altitude: 17:55:01.2
Feb 13 11:32:01 raspberrypi [INFO] MainProcess allsky.run() #933: Exposure state: READY
Feb 13 11:32:01 raspberrypi [INFO] MainProcess allsky.run() #932: Camera last ready: 7.2s
Feb 13 11:31:54 raspberrypi [ERROR] ImageWorker001 image.saferun() #256: Frame not found: /tmp/tmpu219gxwm.dng"

What am I missing here? Some settings and additional configuration to be made?
Last edit: 1 year 1 month ago by Simon Andersson. Reason: Quoting did not work
1 year 1 month ago #90507

Time to create page: 1.587 seconds