INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

New All Sky camera management software: indi-allsky

• Thank you received: 4
on the RPi4 astroberry it was a nobrainer following the Readme on github. git clone and run setup.sh. For the Pi Zero W the make_indi ansible playbook did not work for me, so I installed indi and indi3rdparty again following the Readmes using cmake.

Markus
2 years 1 week ago #82166

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 66

Thank you!

I will look into setting up alternate ports for the web server. In the meantime, it is not too difficult to do manually. With Apache on a Debian-like system, the "Listen" statements for the ports are at /etc/apache2/ports.conf and then it is just a matter of changing the VirtualHost ports in /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/indi-allsky.conf.

As for the DBUS errors, I would suggest rebooting. If the DBUS packages are installed for the first time, the user DBUS sessions are not started when the package is first installed.

For the greenish-tint, let me setup my RPI HQ camera again and see if I can figure something out. I seem to remember something about this, but I do not remember exactly what I did. Have you removed the IR-Cut filter from your camera perhaps?

The remote indi option should be easier now. It is no longer a command line option, but a configuration option in the Config page right at the top. Just set the IP or hostname of the remote indi server you wish to connect to and restart the indi-allsky service.
2 years 1 week ago #82182

I suspect your issues might have something to do with the Rockchip SoC from the Tinkerboard. indi-allsky can probably run, but the platform might be causing something unexpected with the compile of the pyind-client package. I may have to order a board or something like it to see if I can make things work.
2 years 1 week ago #82184

• Thank you received: 3
Hello
so it will be great if you can find a solution for me and for those who have a tinkerboard.
And, do you think I could put the image of the program you made on the web page of weatherradio?
see you soon
Chris
2 years 1 week ago #82203

I am not familiar with the weatherradio web page. Let me know what it is and I can look into it.
2 years 1 week ago #82206

• Thank you received: 46
Now I've installed indi-allsky on Ubuntu 20.04.4, installation went fine but for some reason I had to install opencv manually.
Trying to connect to localhost with Firefox it asks for User/Password.. ?? I tried using my accounts but it didn't accept my credentials, so what credentials do I suppose to use ??

Br, Markku
2 years 6 days ago #82241

Hi Aaron,

reboot solved the DBUS problem, thank you for the tip. I also identified the remote option in the config page.The setup.sh asks for a local device, I choosed the simulator cam, but maybe there should be an option for remote devices.

Final remaining problem is the webservice. I have commented out the disabling of competing webservers in setup,sh and edited ports.conf and indi-allsky.conf. The script ran fine but webservice on port 444 does not work. Would need a working example.

Maybe a docker container would be a good solution to avoid installation troubles and redirect web port access.

Markus
2 years 6 days ago #82242

although u defined the remote indi server/port, how do I define/select/configure the right camera?

EDIT: it worked automagicallly after a few minutes. So now I can prove that indi-allsky works with an RPI HQ cam attached to a Pi Zero W running Indiserver.

Markus
Last edit: 2 years 6 days ago by Markus Kempf.
2 years 6 days ago #82246

The credentials are just username "admin" and password "secret".
2 years 5 days ago #82251

The camera selection in the setup.sh script is just to setup the correct driver in the local indiserver--in the case of a remote indiserver connection, this does not matter. The indi-allsky software just selects the first camera detected by the indiserver. If you happen to have two cameras connected, the first returned by the indiserver would be used.

The database does track the camera used for each set of darks, so it will not confuse darks between different cameras (unless it is two cameras of the same model).
2 years 5 days ago #82252

I have merged and update to allow overriding the web server ports in the setup.sh script. Let me know how that works.
2 years 5 days ago #82253

Hi Aaron,

it worked! I changed the setup.sh for port 444 (http) and the script completed its work and apache2 started. I could access the web page and do the configuration. For the first time I changed the image path and initially forgot to rerun the script. After doing that all was fine. THANK YOU!!!

Markus

PS: the disablement of other web servers (nginx, lighttpd) should be optional, I had to manually reenable/restart them...
2 years 5 days ago #82265

Time to create page: 1.501 seconds