INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

PPB driver not adhering to standard; DSLR power port not working as expected/desired

• Thank you received: 0
The Pegasus Astro Pocket Powerbox (PPB) driver is not 100% to spec, according to the debug logs and Pegasus Astro's information on driver protocol (available at pegasusastro.com/wp-content/uploads/2019...al_Command_Table.pdf).  Specifically, for DSLR port control.

I'm having the problem that the PPB is not consistent with what happens with the DSLR power port control and so sometimes it starts and turns the camera on and sometimes it doesn't.  I cannot consistently ensure that the camera is being turned on and so have had to bypass this port for now (which is not ideal).  So I took a look at the debug information.  Here's what the INDI driver sends to turn the camera port of (this is correct):

DEBUG   506.958763 sec  : CMD <P2:0>
DEBUG   506.975393 sec  : RES <P2:0>
DEBUG   507.453585 sec  : CMD <PA>
DEBUG   507.503622 sec  : RES <PPB:12.1:0:19.6:42:6.3:0:0:0:0:0>

Here's what it sends to turn it on (which is not correct):

DEBUG   510.563650 sec  : CMD <P2:-1>
DEBUG   510.576494 sec  : RES <P2:1>

Note that the actual command sent is P2:-1 when it should be P2:1.  Now, the response would indicate that it has turned the port on, but the camera does not actually turn on most of the time.  I'm happy to fix the driver myself to remove the extra minus sign but the indilib.org web site seems to provide no indication on how to actually submit a bug report (though it suggest that one can do so) nor provide a location for where the source lives.  So I'm submitting here.
2 years 4 months ago #77769

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

I just checked Pegasus PPBA driver and there is no way it can produce P2:-1, the options are 0, 3,5,8,9, and 12. Can you verify what driver is this and what version?
2 years 4 months ago #77804

• Thank you received: 56
The OP is referring to the Pocket Power Box not the Advanced.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Simon
2 years 4 months ago #77821

Thanks! I found and issue and it should be fixed now. Try compiling from GIT or wait for next nightly PPA.
2 years 4 months ago #77825

Time to create page: 0.673 seconds