INDI Library v1.9.9 Released (30 Nov 2022)

Bi-monthly INDI Library released with new drivers and bug fixes.

Archiving raw FITS

• Thank you received: 24

Archiving raw FITS was created by Mohamed

Hello

Is there is a software or solution out there for archiving the raw FITS and may be processed images? currently, I just zip them and save them on an external HDD...
Clear Skies!
Mohamed

Permanent
C9.25 f/10, HEQ5, MyFocuserPro2, OAG, ASI174MC guide, ASI533MC Pro

Portable
WO Z61, iOptron SmartEQ Pro+, MyFocuserPro2, OAG, ASI120MM guide, ASI183MM Pro, EFW
11 months 3 weeks ago #78670

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 69

Replied by maxthebuilder on topic Archiving raw FITS

I just zip them too and have extra info in the parent folder name (date, location, camera, mount, filter, number and length of exposures, object, etc.). Saves 30-40% of space. Tiffs don't zip well.
I catalog and tag images (end result jpg files) in my preferred media managing software (JRiver Media Center).
After that, for me it's pretty easy to find any object I shot and where the data is located on my computer.
Also a very useful tool for me is Everything (very efficient search tool by voidtools.com).

870Gb (not counting star timelapses and random DSLR star shots) of astro data since beginning of 2019. And I shoot OSC.
Max S.

RPI 4 B (4Gb) with SMate
Askar FRA400, TPO RC6, Nikon D5500 full spectrum (with IDAS D1 clip-in filter).
ASI2600MC Pro
ZWO ASI120MM Mini on ZWO 30F4
ZWO ASI224MC-S on Orion 50 mm f/3.2
ZWO EAF x 2
SW AZ-GTi
SW HEQ5
RST-135
iOptron CEM40G
Last edit: 11 months 3 weeks ago by maxthebuilder.
11 months 3 weeks ago #78674

• Thank you received: 24

Replied by Mohamed on topic Archiving raw FITS

I found and currently evaluating the "Observatory" application codeobsession.com

It doesn't do the archiving part (I guess everyone just stores somewhere), but it does cataloging and tagging images for future search. I still have difficulty using it, but it is the only one of its kind that I can find (on Mac only)...
Clear Skies!
Mohamed

Permanent
C9.25 f/10, HEQ5, MyFocuserPro2, OAG, ASI174MC guide, ASI533MC Pro

Portable
WO Z61, iOptron SmartEQ Pro+, MyFocuserPro2, OAG, ASI120MM guide, ASI183MM Pro, EFW
11 months 2 weeks ago #78756

Time to create page: 0.169 seconds