INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Archiving raw FITS

• Thank you received: 25

Archiving raw FITS was created by Mohamed

Hello

Is there is a software or solution out there for archiving the raw FITS and may be processed images? currently, I just zip them and save them on an external HDD...
2 years 4 months ago #78670

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 86

Replied by maxthebuilder on topic Archiving raw FITS

I just zip them too and have extra info in the parent folder name (date, location, camera, mount, filter, number and length of exposures, object, etc.). Saves 30-40% of space. Tiffs don't zip well.
I catalog and tag images (end result jpg files) in my preferred media managing software (JRiver Media Center).
After that, for me it's pretty easy to find any object I shot and where the data is located on my computer.
Also a very useful tool for me is Everything (very efficient search tool by voidtools.com).

870Gb (not counting star timelapses and random DSLR star shots) of astro data since beginning of 2019. And I shoot OSC.
-- Max S
ZWO AM5. RST-135. AZ-GTI. HEQ5. iOptron SkyTracker.
TPO RC6. FRA400. Rokinon 135 and other lenses.
ZWO ASI2600MC. D5500 modified with UVIR clip-in filter.
ZWO ASI120MM Mini x 2. ZWO 30F4 guider. Orion 50mm guider.
ZWO EAF x 3.
Last edit: 2 years 4 months ago by maxthebuilder.
2 years 4 months ago #78674

• Thank you received: 25

Replied by Mohamed on topic Archiving raw FITS

I found and currently evaluating the "Observatory" application codeobsession.com

It doesn't do the archiving part (I guess everyone just stores somewhere), but it does cataloging and tagging images for future search. I still have difficulty using it, but it is the only one of its kind that I can find (on Mac only)...
2 years 3 months ago #78756

Time to create page: 0.187 seconds