INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Indiduino focuser easy update to Arduino Moonlite

• Thank you received: 6
Indiduino focuser is a simple and low cost focuser to build.
Unfortunately it has been left behind and does not provide means to control it from ekos (you can focus from control panel only), hense autofocus doesn't work.

I have just updated my arduino to Arduino Moonlite Focuser with only few simple steps. Haven't tested autofocus yet, but from Ekos focus in and focus out works, so i'm guessing autofocus will work too.

If you have already build your indiduino focuser you can just:

1. Get arduino sketch from this topic here
2. Open sketch with arduino IDE and change stepperPin, dirPin and powerPin to what you have already used propably pins 7, 8 an 9
3. upload to arduino
4. Enjoy

I will update here when i have tested autofocus funtions
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paolo, Frank Baehnisch
8 years 1 month ago #7268

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 2
Interesting - thank you. But the topic you mention contains several versions, following different adaptations from the users. Which one would you choose?

By the way, why a focuser working in the control panel does not focus in Ekos? I don't understand the origin of this limitation, and why passing to Moonlite makes a difference in this respect...
7 years 10 months ago #8897

• Thank you received: 87
Yes, autofocus will work but not always.It's a little picky on step size you choose. Maybe it's the stepper I am using or something else.
In manual mode I always get better results. I have been using the same solution for a couple of months now (L298N Version with Mercury Motor M-42BYG011-25).

EDIT: oops didn't notice topic had 3 months before responding...
Last edit: 7 years 10 months ago by nMAC.
7 years 10 months ago #8898

Time to create page: 0.511 seconds