INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Re:What am I doing Wrong with my Mosaic

• Thank you received: 2
I had a go at doing a mosaic on Rosette (NGC2244 to be precise) and it didn't go so well!This is what I ended up with and I was hoping someone could offer some tips, I went for 5% overlap and know guiding went a bit stray due to clouds a couple of times. It said it plate solved for each image but I have nothing like 4 panels I could stitch together 

Last edit: 2 years 2 months ago by James Seaman.
2 years 2 months ago #79990
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 301
It looks like you prepared your mosaic plan with the Simulators, but there is a difference between their settings and your real setup properties.

-Eric
2 years 1 month ago #80030

Apart from that, looks like the bottom left is the center, bottom right is the left, top right might be the bottom. It's unclear with uncalibrated colors :)

-Eric
2 years 1 month ago #80031

Hi thanks for the reply, I didn't use simulators (or not that I know of?!)I don't know why it shows as pink on the forum, I uploaded it twiceI'll try another one - this is what I managed to piece together from it, far from perfect!! 

2 years 1 month ago #80043
Attachments:

Ah, the frames are really nice, but I agree the mosaic is not very satisfying. Could you attach the .esl file, if you saved it? That will tell us if where the mount was told to slew. Do you remember the settings you used in the Mosaic Tool? You fetched optical information, set overlap to 5%, grid to 2x2 and created the jobs? Did you adjust the center of the mosaic using the mouse?

-Eric
2 years 1 month ago #80058

Thanks again Eric, I didn't save the ESL (typical!) but had a bit more success last night I think, just working on it now but only 2 frames

The mount was already pointing at NGC2244 when I started but it was told to slew. Last night I started from a parked position which seemed to work better

In terms of settings it was 5% overlap and 2x2 with fetched info, I didn't know you could drag the centre of the mosaic but that's very handy!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eric
2 years 1 month ago #80064

Time to create page: 0.448 seconds