INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

need help with driver debugging

• Thank you received: 97
Hi all!

So, today my distro (archlinux) has bumped libindi to 1.9.5, after installing it tho it seems I got again some weird issues with the pegasus ppba driver, which is always crashing.

I tried to compile libindi 1.9.5 from source and here's the funny story, if I compile it by hand according to the instructions it works, if I use makepkg it crashes. Before getting to the arch forum and ask I would like to dive a bit deeper and try to understand exactly why it fails, but it seems I can't debug that driver so here I am to ask for some help.

This is what I tried when debugging:
  • compiled indi with -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Debug
  • made sure I am not stripping any symbol (confirmed later through gdb)
  • running gdb with 
    gdb --ex run --eval-command="set follow-fork-mode child" --args indiserver -vvv indi_pegasus_ppba
  • I then start kstars and try to connect the equipment, it fails immediately and the pegasus tab won't be in the indi tab
  • going back to the debugger, but it doesn't seem the crash has been caught, it seems it is running fine and I need to ctrl+c to step into the debugger, which leads to no backtrace

the only error I see is: stderr EOF

How can I force to be dropped into the debugger when it crashes?
Also, starting indiserver by hand doesn't lead to any crash, the crash only happens when ekos tries to connect and (probably?) ask for the device properties
2 years 2 weeks ago #81257

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.326 seconds