INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

What does "repositioning" mean?

• Thank you received: 62
Hi!

Recently, when running the scheduler, I have several times noticed that after aligment, so that the object now is centred, the scheduler says it is "repositioning". However, nothing is happening - scope not moving - and this goes on for ever. Or rather, until I stop the scheduler and restart. 

What is this "repositioning" and why is it doing that after successful aligment...?

Magnus
2 years 2 weeks ago #81377

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

This happens when astrometry syncs and slews the mount, it could be a very small motion.
2 years 2 weeks ago #81378

• Thank you received: 62
Hi!
OK, so nothing else. Then there is something odd there because this happens AFTER alignment is successful and finished. I'll check the logs for next time it happens. 

Magnus
2 years 2 weeks ago #81443

• Thank you received: 33
@jasem - I have experienced something similar. I havent quite figured out in which situations this happens but there are certain positions in the sky where Align module struggles. Here is a session I ran just now using Simulators. Notice that even though first couple of aligns worked perfectly, the last but one (NGC 366) struggles to move that really small bit and I had to abort it. Previous object to that was also a struggle but it got it in the end (So when this same Align is done from within Scheduler it seems to go in a long loop.

Attaching the status  

File Attachment:

File Name: Alignissues.txt
File Size:28 KB
Last edit: 2 years 1 week ago by AstroMuni.
2 years 1 week ago #81446
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.429 seconds