INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Using two motorized dust caps

• Thank you received: 1
Hi,

we have set up a remote observatory at my school (www.indilib.org/forum/ekos/8541-power-an...-startup-script.html) which is run by Ekos scheduler. We are using Arduino Cap to drive dust caps with servos. We have constructed two dust caps, one for the guide scope and one for the main telescope. I thought that I could add two Arduino Cap drivers to my profile (Aux1 and Aux2). However, once I have selected that drive under Aux1, it is no longer available under Aux2.

1) Is there a workaround to use two Dust Caps?
2) If so, will the scheduler open both caps when the uncap option is checked?

Thanks for any help
Simon
1 year 11 months ago #81850

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

You can create an alias so that you can end up with two Auxiliary drivers, however, this will not be useful as Ekos only support a single dust-cap now.

Some devices only support single device now like Mount, Dome, and Dust cap. This is not easy to resolve until we implement the optical train system.
1 year 11 months ago #81852

Replied by Simon on topic Using two motorized dust caps

Thanks for the quick reply, Jasem. Would it be possible to run two different dust cap drivers now, like "Arduino Dust Cap" and "INDI Servoblaster Cap"? How would the scheduler handle this?

Simon
Last edit: 1 year 11 months ago by Simon.
1 year 11 months ago #81854

Replied by Simon on topic Using two motorized dust caps

Ok, I found a workaround I would like to share for anyone who is having the same problem. I just hooked both servos up to the same PWM pin on the Arduino. Only downside is that I can't open the caps individually, but that's okay.

Simon
1 year 11 months ago #81956

Time to create page: 0.599 seconds