INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Web GUI to manage INDI server?

I thought it would be a nice idea to have a Web GUI, especially on devices such as raspberry PI, to make starting INDI server with the various drivers, restarting, selecting autostart, view logs..etc. This way you don't have to SSH in at all. So what would be the best way to go about this? Anyone with web programming knowledge who can help develop this?
7 years 11 months ago #7593

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 174
Jasem, I did some experiments in this area, but to be honest, many pieces are still missing and many questions have to be answered before more time will be invested :) Peter

The following user(s) said Thank You: Jasem Mutlaq
7 years 11 months ago #7594
Attachments:

This is nice! However, I meant something much simpler: A GUI to manage INDI server. So start/stop drivers is the basic functionality.
7 years 11 months ago #7595

• Thank you received: 95

Replied by Oleg on topic Web GUI to manage INDI server?

In any case, you can look on pyindi-client
You can try my open project Astronomy Linux
7 years 11 months ago #7599

• Thank you received: 57
I think we can use one of the micro-frameworks. I would prefer python and if I end up implementing it myself (I need something to control the pi from my phone/tablet). I will make it with python. There are at least three frameworks like this:
bottle (bottlepy.org) - implemented in single python file without external dependencies
flask (flask.pocoo.org) - more sophisticated but still small
tornado (www.tornadoweb.org) - full-blown web service library - used in jupyter project
All three are present in debian/ubuntu repositories - thus available on RaspberryPi. All three have tamplating support.
7 years 11 months ago #7622

• Thank you received: 6
I see that there are 2 projects that look related to this. One on sourceforge and one on github

sourceforge.net/projects/indistarter/
github.com/knro/indiwebmanager

As they are both offering the same feature but in a different way (webserver vs ssh) Which one would you recommend as beeing the most likely to be integrated in EKOS eventually ?
"Some people are so poor, all they have is money"
SW Black Diamond 80ED | SW150MAK | Newton SW 200/1000 | Orion 50mm Guider with Helical Focuser |Sirius EQ-G Rowan Belt Mode
Canon 1000D moded | ZWO ASI185MC | Baader Mark III Zoom
INDI | Stellarmate on RPI3B+ | Stellarium | Pixinsight
7 years 9 months ago #8907

Ekos supports INDI Web Manager as of today. So no need to SSH anymore once you have INDI Web Manager up and running.
7 years 9 months ago #8909

• Thank you received: 375
It is not a web GUI approach but you can also autostart your INDI server by using traditional init script using indi-startup .
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hellriegel
7 years 9 months ago #8922

Time to create page: 0.352 seconds