INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Raspberry PI4 4gb Raspbian crash

• Thank you received: 14
Hi, Usually i use kstars from my computer with a usb cable, now i tried to run kstars directly remotely on the raspberry with raspbian OS.
Unfortunately it closes almost immediately to the alignment, if it manages to pass the alignment it closes after a few captured images.
But is it really possible to use Raspberry remotely? Or is it just me crashing all the time? ( I think it's time to switch to stellarmate )
I attach log.
In the next few days, weather permitting, I will do other tests.
1 year 11 months ago #82444
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 31
Teseo,

Yes, it is possible but you have not provided any details on how you are controlling the Raspberry Pi.
I VNC into it wirelessly.
It is possibly the program for one of your devices that is the problem.

Paul
1 year 11 months ago #82459

• Thank you received: 14
You're right, sorry, the problem occurs both connected via wifi and directly via a network cable (when I have fast asteroids to "capture" I need a fast transfer of the images to the pc and with the network cable it happens in less than a second) otherwise I use wifi, the pc acts as a hotspt and the raspberry connects. In any case via VNC.
I took a powered usb hub and a 5 meter usb cable and it works fine, so I will use this configuration for now.
Thanks bye.
1 year 11 months ago #82460

• Thank you received: 107
From that log it seems like you are running out of memory. That is often issue with RPi.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Teseo
1 year 11 months ago #82462

Time to create page: 0.447 seconds