INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

[SOLVED] error compiling from git source

• Thank you received: 69
Hi,

I'm getting this error when compiling on ubuntu mate 20.04LTS when using Nou's compile script. (gitea.nouspiro.space/nou/astro-soft-buil...build-soft-latest.sh)

It must be just my configuration (it's a new install of 20.04 on an Odroid-N2), but it's not obvious to me what I'm missing...
In file included from /usr/include/libindi/indisensorinterface.h:22,
                 from /usr/include/libindi/indispectrograph.h:21,
                 from /home/odroid/astro-soft/indi-3rdparty/indi-ahp-xc/indi_ahp_xc.h:23,
                 from /home/odroid/astro-soft/indi-3rdparty/indi-ahp-xc/indi_ahp_xc.cpp:36:
/usr/include/libindi/dsp.h:1346:63: note:   initializing argument 2 of ‘void dsp_file_write_fits(const char*, int, dsp_stream_p)1346 | DLL_EXPORT void dsp_file_write_fits(const char* filename, int bpp, dsp_stream_p stream);
      |                                                           ~~~~^~~
/home/odroid/astro-soft/indi-3rdparty/indi-ahp-xc/indi_ahp_xc.cpp:344:57: error: void value not ignored as it ought to be
  344 |                         void* fits = dsp_file_write_fits(-64, &memsize, autocorrelations_str[x]);
      |                                      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
/home/odroid/astro-soft/indi-3rdparty/indi-ahp-xc/indi_ahp_xc.cpp:373:62: error: invalid conversion from ‘int’ to ‘const char*’ [-fpermissive]
  373 |                             void* fits = dsp_file_write_fits(-64, &memsize, crosscorrelations_str[x]);
      |                                                              ^~~
      |                                                              |
      |                                                              int

Thanks
1 year 10 months ago #83202

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 109

Replied by nou on topic error compiling from git source

DSP lib got updated yesterday but drivers that are depending on doesn't so you got compile error.

1. use stable version of my script
2. wait few days it will be fixed
3. disable WITH_AHP_XC driver with cmake-gui and try compile again.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jerry Black
Last edit: 1 year 10 months ago by nou.
1 year 10 months ago #83203

• Thank you received: 69
Waiting a bit, let the distribution catch up. Compiles for me again. Thanks nou.

BTW, on my Odroid-N2 I have to limit the number of CPUs, to avoid running out of RAM/Swap space.
JOBS=$(($(nproc) - 2))
1 year 10 months ago #83302

Time to create page: 0.343 seconds