INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

oscillating while platesolving to refine pointing

• Thank you received: 12
Hi

ran into a weird thing last night which I haven’t seen before and was wondering if anyone had any ideas?

I set my mount up, tried doing PA using the align module which I don’t seem to be having much success with these day and eventually gave in and decided for what I was aiming to do I was close enough (at one point it seemed to indicate I was 45 degrees out and the next attempt that I was pretty much spot on) and I had it slew to cassiopeia. I then did my usual of using the platesolving to refine where I was pointing. Normally this involves it making a handful of attempts as it gets closer and closer until I’m within 30 arc secs. This time it said I was around 5 (arc mins I believe) and slewed a little then said it was around 10 out, it platesolved and slewed again and said it was again out by around 5, so again it slewed and was out about 10. It kept doing this back and forth without getting closer. I tried aiming at a specific star in cassiopeia and it did the same thing.

Now I’ve used the camera (sv305), guide scope (30mm sv165), mount (iexos-100) and astroberry before without this happening. The actual physical setup is slightly new as I’m setting up a new scope (no camera attached yet so that wasn’t really involved beyond its weight) and I was aiming to tinker with phd2.

Any ideas what may be causing this? Is it lack of darks (I’ve got them just seem to cause freeze’s in align) or something else?

regards

Nigel
1 year 6 months ago #86625

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 102
I've had this occasionally happen. I haven't figured out why. But the workaround is pretty easy. Go to the mounts tab, click the "clear model" button, then try again. After I do that, it works normally.
Last edit: 1 year 6 months ago by Kevin Ross.
1 year 6 months ago #86639

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.840 seconds