INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Stellarmate support for the Orion Sirius Pro Az/Eq-G

• Thank you received: 0
Hi everyone, I would like to control my Orion Sirius Pro Az/Eq-G with StellarMate OS on Raspberry Pi. I see the documentation describes support for the Skywatcher Az/Eq-6. I’m guessing that means support for the Skywatcher Az/Eq-5, which I understand is only different from the Sirius Pro Az/Eq-G due to paint color. But, I was hoping someone in this forum may know for certain whether there will be support? Thanks in advance!!
1 year 5 months ago #86995

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Yes they're supported via the EQMod driver.
1 year 5 months ago #86997

Thanks for the quick reply...I should have been more specific. Is there support for the Az/Eq-G in AZ mode? I believe EQMOD only supports equatorial mode, but I may be wrong.
1 year 5 months ago #86999

Ah good question. I'm not sure. If you have issues with EQMod with this driver in AZ Mode, then you can always select the SkyWatcher Alt-Az mount driver.
1 year 5 months ago #87000

Can I trial that on a pc first, before going through the process of installing StellarMate on a Rasp pi? Probably I can take install the INDI ‘platform’ on windows and use that driver?
1 year 5 months ago #87001

You can test with PC + Linux. On Windows, maybe this can be done by installing Ubuntu from Windows store or WSL2 or just install Ubuntu in VirtualBox.
1 year 5 months ago #87003

Time to create page: 0.518 seconds