INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

ScopeDome

• Thank you received: 165

Replied by Jarno Paananen on topic ScopeDome

There is definitely something weird in your USB connections as all the USB-serial devices seem to get the same error for some reason. Are they connected to the same hub? Is the hub powered? Does kernel log (run command "sudo dmesg" on command line for example) show anything interesting when the error happens?

For ScopeDome there is also the possibility to use ethernet connection, I'm running out of ideas why the USB serials behave like that for you.
1 year 2 months ago #89543

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1

Replied by sylvie on topic ScopeDome

Hello,
I am going to connect evrything with ethernet
So I will tell you the result !
Thank you very much for your response
1 year 2 months ago #89545

Actually I just now noticed that you have newer firmware (6.1) in your controller than what I used for testing originally (5.3, 5.4 and 5.7). Checking the Windows driver release notes there seems to be some issues with the connection too and they have increased the status query rate to every second for that reason, but that was the default in INDI driver already. You can try to play with the polling period setting, but I'm not too hopeful. It's currently also limited to once every 1-3s.

There is a hardware watchdog that resets the controller if it doesn't receive commands from ethernet for some time, so if that is on for some reason, that might cause this resetting thing even if the controller receives commands from serial port. The watchdog can be disabled with the Windows driver I think or by connecting to the serial port with some serial communication program like Minicom or Arduino IDE and sending command setEthWatchdog=0
1 year 2 months ago #89546

Thank you very much
I am going to look at it
1 year 2 months ago #89547

Hello
I installed raspberry pi4 between the PegasusUPB and the computer
So all the devices are connected to the PegasusUPB in USB and this USB is connected to the rapsberry
The computer connects via ethernet to the raspberry
The scopedome is directly connected to Ethernet 192.168.1.120
I had some problems because my ethernet box is in 192.168.0.xxx
So now all devices are connected
And the scopedome doesn't seem to show any errors
I made some tests and I will see when the weather will be ok as for the moment it is raining all days
1 year 2 months ago #89557

Good to hear, let's hope everything works that way! I don't have much free time at the moment but I'll try to upgrade my controller to the same firmware version and reproduce the problem at some point if I could fix the problem or at least understand what causes it and maybe work around it in some way. Thanks for your testing, logs and reports!
1 year 2 months ago #89560

Time to create page: 1.141 seconds