INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

INDI Server for Windows

• Thank you received: 19

Replied by Jon on topic INDI Server for Windows

I did test the 64 bit version and it seems to be working......

--Jon
7 years 6 months ago #10250

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 174
Sorry, my fault... 32 bit link is fixed. Peter
7 years 6 months ago #10253

• Thank you received: 19

Replied by Jon on topic INDI Server for Windows

Thanks Peter. 32 bit version is working. The only issue I see is that when selecting a target and choosing 'Track" from within kStars, after the scope slews to the target, the kStars message window still indicates "slewing" rather than "tracking" after it completes the slew to target. It does seem to be tracking though. My real scope is out of commission at the moment with a bad worm gear. Once I make the repairs, I'll try it out under the stars.
When using an ASCOM camera within EKOS, as I mentioned earlier, there is no option to select the type of image such as light, dark, etc. Again not a major problem but thought I should point it out.
Thank you for all of your efforts with this. It is a great compliment to kStars and INDI in general.

--Jon
7 years 6 months ago #10255

• Thank you received: 2

Replied by VTVL on topic INDI Server for Windows

I am working with a friend to use a WIN 7 32 bit laptop. The new 4.1 CdC has a broken LX200 driver so he cannot use the laptop with an FS2 mount controller via the serial port. (This was confirmed by the CdC author.) We are also trying to connect to a Littlefoot mount controller which uses the LX200 command set (and works fine with INDI -Ekos-KStars in Ubuntu on an RPI3 via USB). The Littlefoot has both Serial and USB. So we are trying to use the INDISERVER for Windows. So far we have it connecting to CdC. But the device selection menu of INDIserver for Windows does not include an LX200 (command set) option. We have tried the various "telescopes" listed but there is not successful connection in CdC. Is there a configuration that works to connect to LX200 devices?
6 years 8 months ago #17576

Hi,

I'm not sure it CdC for Windows can use INDI protocol. Nevertheless if it does, you have to install ASCOM driver for your mount (try e.g. this one: pixelstelescopes.wordpress.com/advanced-lx200/) and than it should appear in INDIServer device list.

Peter
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tom
6 years 8 months ago #17583

• Thank you received: 15

Replied by Tom on topic INDI Server for Windows

Windows 64bit download link not working. Thanks.
6 years 8 months ago #17598

Fixed... sorry! Peter
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tom
6 years 8 months ago #17599

• Thank you received: 54

Replied by gehelem on topic INDI Server for Windows

I've made a blank test : cdc can connect to a remote indi server quite well.
I didn't use it for real, but test was ok
Last edit: 6 years 8 months ago by gehelem.
6 years 8 months ago #17601

• Thank you received: 2

Replied by VTVL on topic INDI Server for Windows

Hello Peter,
So if we just need the INDISERVER to connect CdC to the mount controller via the LX200 protocol and serial/USB port
OR
if we want to connect CdC on a WIN7 32 bit laptop to a remote INDISERVER on an RPI3 which is connected to the LX200 protocol mount controller (using the KStars Lite App on an Android phone)
what should be installed?
Installing the VM 1.6 has been tried. It runs be very sloooowly and probably hangs in the KStars wizard on the 32 bit Win7 PC emulating Linux 64 bit. If it did work I guess that only the KStars in the VM could be used and not a Windoze CdC. Of course CdC for Linux could be installed ......
i.e. is there just a basic INDIserver which can be installed for 32 bit Win7 ?

My friend just called to say that he tried to install the ASCOM driver (: pixelstelescopes.wordpress.com/advanced-lx200/ ) and the LX200 appeared in the options. But he could not get further along. I do not have the details.

If it was my PC I would just run Ubuntu MATE Linux.

-- John
6 years 8 months ago #17602

Hi John,

I'm not sure if I do understand...

If you have the option to use Linux on both server and client side (RPi or Android is enough), forget about Windows and ASCOM and use INDI or INDIGO server as the server (with LX200 driver) and CdC with INDI as the client. It will definitely work.

If you need to use Windows on server side and Linux on client side, you have to use INDI Server for Windows as the server and CdC with INDI as client and it will probably work as well even if there is some issue reported against recent CdC build.

If you need to use Linux on server side and Windows on client side, you're probably out of luck for now, but INDIGO-to-ASCOM bridge for telescope will be available soon and in this case you can use INDIGO server as the server and CdC with ASCOM as the client.

VM is usually just waste of time... :) Peter
6 years 8 months ago #17608

• Thank you received: 54

Replied by gehelem on topic INDI Server for Windows

Sorry, but as i wrote before, linux on server side (RPi) and windows on client side (KStars+Ekos or CdC) works quite well
Screenshots here :
www.webastro.net/forum/showpost.php?p=2427820&postcount=14
6 years 8 months ago #17609

It looks Windows CdC has already INDI support! Yes, in this case it should work as well. Peter
6 years 8 months ago #17619

Time to create page: 0.290 seconds