INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

AstroArch - yet another raspberry distro for astrophotography for ARM64

• Thank you received: 14
About the rtc, I figured it out, with some internet digging.

Looking at the bash script here , I executed it but failed to start service because the i2c bus must be enabled before.To do that, add these 2 lines in the files /boot/config.txt

dtparam=i2c_arm=on
dtoverlay=i2c-rtc,ds3231

Reboot the pi and execute the bash script you downloaded with sudo permission. The rtc should now work.

Valentin
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alan Archer, Mattia
11 months 1 week ago #92225
The topic has been locked.
  • Thank you received: 97

Thanks Valentin, this is incredibly appreciated. I will add the needed lines to config.txt, config and the needed packages to AstroArch in version 1.6 so it should be easier for anybody to onboard a rtc, thanks again!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alan Archer, Val Chevalier
11 months 1 week ago #92226
  • Thank you received: 50
Hi Mattia,
Thanks for your recent update! I have been struggling to get a Raspberry Pi OS 64-bit installation of KStars 3.6.4 & Indi 2.0.1 to work fully with my ZWO EAF. So I tried AstroArch v1.5 fully updated today, firstly on a spare RPi 4 rev 1.2, and subsequently on my equipment-connected RPi 4 rev 1.1.
Good news - both RPi versions booted up, INCLUDING the rev 1.1, which works correctly with my astro equipment including the EAF!
I am using VNC Viewer from real VNC on my control laptop and note that the interface is about two times slower in its responses compared with my usual Astroberry on the 32-bit Raspberry Pi OS.
My one wish would be for a 64-bit version of FireCapture if only that was to be made available on 64-bit OSs.
Ed
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mattia
11 months 1 week ago #92261

Hello!

for the VNC you can either try two things (at least to exclude other problems)
1) try to connect through the browser and see if the slowliness is still there
2) you can try to reduce the resolution (which by default is pretty high) using the command line, you can list the available ones with the command xrandr and then set the one you want with xrandr -s X Y (I plan to provide a very small UI for changing resolution in a 1.7 release :)
I am wondering if this may eventually be related to the lack of gpu acceleration, worth digging a bit on that from my side :)

for firecapture, I think it is definitely possible, I used FireCapture on ArchLinux but the AUR version doesn't work out of the box and it conflicts with the QHY drivers, I opened an issue here github.com/devDucks/astroarch/issues/19 and I will do my best to ship it with my next release which should happen around May, 15th

Tell me about the VNC issue anyway!

Thanks,
Mattia
The following user(s) said Thank You: Avocette
Last edit: 11 months 1 week ago by Mattia.
11 months 1 week ago #92262
Hi Mattia,
I have now had the chance to test with the browser (noVNC) and compare with VNC Viewer I don't think there is much difference, and I feel both work well. I do prefer to have the whole desktop visible so am sticking with VNC Viewer in practice. I do like the clarity of the Desktop and Kstars app in AstroArch compared with Astroberry - subtle but important when outdoors in the dark!
I have been slowly exploring the Arch OS features and am finding it well featured and constructed. One function I am searching for however is a disk copy one. I would like to copy the SD card across to a fast USB stick (Samsung Fit Plus 256GB) which I normally use with Astroberry. Any suggestions?
Thanks, Ed
11 months 1 week ago #92279

hey Ed, do you mean copying for backup purpose? Booting from a USB? Which method were you using for such a copy?

Is your issue with the USB stick not mounted when inserted?
11 months 5 days ago #92348
  • Thank you received: 33
@Ed, recently I did just that, maybe this article I wote on this topic can help?
saimons-astronomy.webador.com/1235030_ho...o-usb-drive-on-linux
11 months 5 days ago #92358
Hi Mattia, no - my issue is with creating a copy of AstroArch on a USB stick which will boot the Raspberry Pi. There is an ‘accessory’ in the full desktop Raspberry Pi OS which does this very simply for me. I always run from such a stick for capacity and reliability.
11 months 5 days ago #92359
@Simon This looks like exactly what I am looking for. I’ll try it and confirm when I’ve got it working (my Linux knowledge is minimal).
11 months 5 days ago #92360
  • Thank you received: 33
@AVOCETTE: I'm glad to hear that, it worked perfectly for me.
11 months 4 days ago #92363
Unfortunately the suggestion didn't work so far. here is the Konsole screen shot of what happened.
11 months 4 days ago #92364
Attachments:

you likely need to move rpi-clone to /usr/local/bin with cp or mv

The rpi-clone program should be in the folder you cloned with git
Last edit: 11 months 4 days ago by Mattia.
11 months 4 days ago #92365
Time to create page: 2.333 seconds