INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Astrometry index files - Camera FOV replaced by "inf x inf"

• Thank you received: 0
Does someone have a solution for this?
I'm on Ubuntu and it's been a pain to set up kstars, multiple crashes and so on.
I downloaded the index files for plate solving, but I lost the FOV for the camera and I can't even plate solve or anything , although I have nearly all the index files downloaded.

Polar alignment says "FOV must be 10" or greater".

I know there was a default link in the index file location, but I replaced that with my local drive location.

How do I solve this? Do I have to delete Kstars and reinstall?
1 year 2 months ago #90249

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 109
inf indicate that there is somewhere zero that causes that focal length is zero. try to recreate your telescope info with proper focal length and reducer/Barlow set to 1x.

you may try to delete ~/.local/share/kstars to get rid off configuration and start from scratch.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Frank Szabo
1 year 2 months ago #90281

• Thank you received: 109
Ok there seems to be bug in kstars that if I change barlow multiplier in optical trains to anything else than 1.0 then it start outputting
org.kde.kstars.ekos.align: "Warning! The calculated field of view (inf' x inf') is out of bounds. Ensure the telescope focal length and camera pixel size are correct."

also in userdb.sqlite it save 1.2d or 0.8.2d in reducer column.

EDIT: and it was already fixed invent.kde.org/education/kstars/-/commit...76ea9e2a4994c1e00054
The following user(s) said Thank You: Massimo
Last edit: 1 year 2 months ago by nou.
1 year 2 months ago #90282

• Thank you received: 0
What I can tell must have caused it, that after installation of Kstars, I immediately set a new directory for the astrometry files and removed the default one.
Never done this before, but I just got tired on previous installations asking me to download more files for my imaging train, when I was already imaging. So I didn't want to waste time with that and tried to be ahead and be ready.
I did all my telescopes in the "scope and lenses" and tried it with different scopes and no barlow and it still gave me that error.

I guess I must not change the astrometry directory before connecting any cameras.
Last edit: 1 year 2 months ago by Frank Szabo.
1 year 2 months ago #90289

Time to create page: 0.674 seconds