INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

TemperHum

• Thank you received: 6

TemperHum was created by Yannic Delisle

Hi all,

Is there a way to read the temperature and humidity recording created by temperhum and have it displayed in Ekos, a bit like BYEOS or APT does ?

I see in the "weather station" section that there are a couple devices supported but not TemperHum, so I was thinking that a workaround would be to have Ekos read from a flat file created by TemperHum. Anyone thinking about working on this or does this has already been adressed ?
"Some people are so poor, all they have is money"
SW Black Diamond 80ED | SW150MAK | Newton SW 200/1000 | Orion 50mm Guider with Helical Focuser |Sirius EQ-G Rowan Belt Mode
Canon 1000D moded | ZWO ASI185MC | Baader Mark III Zoom
INDI | Stellarmate on RPI3B+ | Stellarium | Pixinsight
7 years 10 months ago #8619

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Jasem Mutlaq on topic TemperHum

Is there SDK/commands for the USB stuff so it can be read directly?
7 years 10 months ago #8622

• Thank you received: 46

Replied by Gerry Rozema on topic TemperHum

I have a number of temperhum gadgets here. My first advice is STAY AWAY FROM THEM.

There are numerous attempts around the net at reverse engineering the thing. I've tried every piece of software I could find for them. Bottom line is, none are reliable on linux. The vid/pid is the exact same on two of them here, but they have different internals and speak a completely different protocol. Another one shows a different vid/pid from lsusb, and is yet different hardware with yet different ways of presenting data.

I bought a few from ebay some years back, thought they would be an easy / cheap solution. They turned into an inordinate time sink trying to get reliable information out of them. I abandoned them a long time ago, and wont try go back and re-visit them unless somebody can find proper documentation.
7 years 10 months ago #8625

• Thank you received: 6

Replied by Yannic Delisle on topic TemperHum

What I would like is to have is a generic temperature sensor device to output to a flat file and then have EKOS read from that flat file and update and display the result every few minutes/seconds

This device for example output to a flat file:

"Printed out and viewed directly: With no software installation needed, just hold down the caps lock button for 3 seconds and this USB Powered Thermometer and Hygrometer will instantly type out data every few seconds. Do it in Excel/Word and watch a chart create itself! Hold down caps lock for 3 more seconds to stop."

www.chinavasion.com/china/wholesale/Elec..._Temperature_Monitor
"Some people are so poor, all they have is money"
SW Black Diamond 80ED | SW150MAK | Newton SW 200/1000 | Orion 50mm Guider with Helical Focuser |Sirius EQ-G Rowan Belt Mode
Canon 1000D moded | ZWO ASI185MC | Baader Mark III Zoom
INDI | Stellarmate on RPI3B+ | Stellarium | Pixinsight
7 years 10 months ago #8730

Time to create page: 0.338 seconds