INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Minor Ekos Bug Crash auto-stretching preview image

• Thank you received: 7
(Sorry, but I don't have an account on Github so if this worth treating as a bug, do transfer and delete this post)

Crash issue in Kstars/Ekos:
Repeatable (every time)
Problem caused by "not enough memory"
Running in Ubuntu 16.04 VM with 1GB RAM (just OS and KStars/Ekos running)
Run KStars/Ekos and connect to remote Indi Server that has a Canon DSLR (APS-C 18 mega pixel) camera attached (Actually a Canon 600D)
In Ekos camera tab, use "Preview" button to take and download image (testing indoors in daylight so short exposure).
In Preview display window press "Auto stretch"
Auto-steretch starts runnng but after a bit KStars crashes with
Sorry, the program "kstars" closed unexpectedly

Your computer does not have enough free memory to automatically analyze the problem and send a report to the developers

Close VM, re-configure to 2GB RAM, repeat above and all works fine (auto stretch works and completes a lot faster i.e. time to complete auto stretch is a lot shorter than the time to crash under the 1GB config).

So, does not affect me (or anybody). So not a big issue. Guess analysis on a large image file uses more RAM which is not available in the 1GB config. So, not for me to guess cause but maybe a crash is not the tidiest failure.

If any further info or tests or anything do ask (and sorry for using the incorrect reporting mechanism)

Ian
7 years 10 months ago #8709

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.315 seconds