INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

INDI drivers crash on a fresh install

• Thank you received: 42
Might just be missing a prerequisite.
I am not running a Raspberry Pi but on an Odroid:
sudo apt list libXISF

Listing... Done
libxisf/jammy,now 0.2.4~202305202331~ubuntu22.04.1 arm64 [installed,automatic]

If it is not installed try installing:
sudo apt install libXISF
The following user(s) said Thank You: feuertaenzer
10 months 3 weeks ago #93150

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 0
Thanks! It looks indeed like libXISF is just missing.
sudo apt list libXISF doesn't return anything which I think makes sense because I bypassed apt by making and installing manually.
It shoud have been build and installed by the script, as it's not part of the usual repos of Raspberry Pi OS. Also I can't install it via apt because it's not in my repos.

But it looks like the the libraries are there at /usr/local/lib/aarch64-linux-gnu/ which I think is an odd location but that's where they were put during script processing.
I guess that's not the location KStars/Ekos expects or maybe some linking is missing.

Maaayyyybe I just have to switch to Ubuntu to make everything easier but I kind of like Raspberry Pi OS.
10 months 3 weeks ago #93153

.xisf is a PixInsight file format, support for this was recently added or is in progress. The Raspberry Pi OS should be fine so hold off until someone familiar with the update sees your thread. I have a RPI3B which I think is running the RPi OS and an older version of nou's script, will see if it still boots comparison,
No the RPi3B was running Raspbian Bullseye 32 bit.
Last edit: 10 months 3 weeks ago by wotalota. Reason: info
10 months 3 weeks ago #93160

Quick update on this, I tried again from scratch with latest after I've seen some changes in nou's libXISF project but building fails. Unfortunately I can't submit an issue to the project so I just hope that it will be seen here lol
10 months 2 weeks ago #93181

I have a build in progress now. Raspberry Pi official OS, 32 bit. RPi3 1GB so it will take some time. The script took care of building and installing libXISF.so which I had not caught onto previously. It was installed into
/usr/local/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/ along with other libraries.

root@rpi3:/home/tg# ls -ltr /usr/local/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/
total 1996
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 1074728 Jun 25 2022 libstellarsolver.so.2.3
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 23 Jun 25 2022 libstellarsolver.so.2 -> libstellarsolver.so.2.3
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 21 Jun 25 2022 libstellarsolver.so -> libstellarsolver.so.2
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 Jun 25 2022 pkgconfig
drwxr-xr-x 3 root root 4096 Jun 25 2022 cmake
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 954404 May 30 16:06 libXISF.so.0.2.1
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 16 May 30 16:06 libXISF.so.0 -> libXISF.so.0.2.1
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 12 May 30 16:06 libXISF.so -> libXISF.so.0

The other stuff in there is old from when I last used the build script. Will see when it completes if the directory is included in the search list.

The build failed when it got to KStars:

[ 12%] Generating Options.h, Options.cpp
Too many signals to create unique bit masks
make[2]: *** [kstars/CMakeFiles/KStarsLib.dir/build.make:275: kstars/Options.h] Error 1
make[2]: *** Deleting file 'kstars/Options.h'
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/Makefile2:1511: kstars/CMakeFiles/KStarsLib.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [Makefile:149: all] Error 2
KStars compilation failed
tg@rpi3:~/astro-soft-build $
The following user(s) said Thank You: feuertaenzer
Last edit: 10 months 2 weeks ago by wotalota.
10 months 2 weeks ago #93182

Thank you for putting so much time into this.
I did some more tests with simulators and I think that libXISF isn't the primary issue. The simulators immediately crash and the logfiles don't mention libXISF.

Buuuut the error I stumbled upon with the latest build has been fixed by now so I was able to build the lastest version tonight. I didn't have much time to tinker around with it yet but simulators are working without crashes so far.
In this very moment I attached my guiding cam to the Pi and the driver works as well.

It's not 100% wanted but it seems to be a working setup. I hope that I get to test my usual workflow this weekend to see if it's stable enough for me and if so, I'll keep this build.
10 months 2 weeks ago #93205

That would be good. I installed the Raspberry PI OS 64 bits on a RPi4. Then the build succeeded after a couple of non fatal errors.

Just now ran Ekos with simulators for mount and camera which duplicated the problem you were having listing libXISF.so. I picked up the build 4 hours ago, so perhaps I just missed the fix if there was one.
10 months 2 weeks ago #93210

• Thank you received: 109
If you were using latest script it could fail yesterday as I had error in cmake file that was preventing build in some cases. It should work now. Also next time you can try to star indiserver manually to get better error output for example run "indiserver indi_simulator_ccd"
10 months 2 weeks ago #93213

• Thank you received: 11
I was building with the script from here and got the same error:
git clone https://gitea.nouspiro.space/nou/astro-soft-build.git

As an intermediate fix, you can try symlinking manually which seems to work. I'm not versed enough in the lib management on the Pi, so I don't know how to fix the lib path for user items:
pi@astro:/usr/lib $ sudo ln -s /usr/local/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libXISF.so.0 .
pi@astro:/usr/lib $ indiserver indi_simulator_ccd
2023-06-10T10:03:01: startup: indiserver indi_simulator_ccd
^C
10 months 1 week ago #93375

• Thank you received: 94
Hi everyone
I've been caught out wit
h the library path before when switiing between installations. Nou's scripts on the one hand and self built or ppa installs on the other

@NOU: Thanks for your excellent scripts.
Quetsion: why do some programs install at /usr/local and others at /usr?
On my Ubuntu 22.04
stellarsolver and xisf are at /usr/local whist all other stuff is under /usr

Cheers,
Steve
Last edit: 10 months 1 week ago by alacant.
10 months 1 week ago #93376

• Thank you received: 109
Well compiled stuff should go /usr/local so it doesn't conflict with package manager files that are in /usr. IIRC INDI or Kstars have problems if they are not installed in /usr/
This issue that it can't find some library can be solved by running "sudo ldconfig" which I added to my script recently.
The following user(s) said Thank You: alacant
10 months 1 week ago #93377

• Thank you received: 11
Yeah, I deleted the symlink and ran "sudo ldconfig" and now I don't get the link error anymore.
10 months 1 week ago #93378

Time to create page: 1.283 seconds