INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Is anyone working on PEC training for a CGEM DX?

• Thank you received: 1
Hello all,

I was wondering if anyone has taken on the general task of coding a routine for training permanent periodic error correction (PPEC), or, if not in general, then specifically the CGEM DX.

Thanks,

Scott
7 years 7 months ago #9453

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 10
Hello Scott,
I take it you know the Celestron controller is not recording PEC when a PC is controlling the mount? Sounds like the feature should be added to the Celestron driver if this is the case.

Dan
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by Dan Holler. Reason: typo
7 years 7 months ago #9467

• Thank you received: 23
Dan I do not agree with your statement. I have implemented it in libnexstar.
So libnexstar supports PEC training and playback for Celestron mounts also download and upload of PEC data. Unfortunately I sold all my Celestron equipment including the mount so I can not implement it in indi. But it would be easy to implement if one uses libnexstar.

Rumen
7 years 7 months ago #9469

• Thank you received: 10
Hello Rumen,

Yes, we do agree on this. Its already implemented on the hand controller, so, I was asking if Scott knew that it was not already implemented on his software. I would suspect PEC values may be stored on the motor control board of the mount. If so, once recorded it would be permanent unless redone.

Dan
7 years 7 months ago #9470

• Thank you received: 1
Hi all,

Yes, indeed, from what little I can glean on the internet, one can use the hand controller to record a single 8 minute set of guiding and use it as a correction. But all of the best PEC software will usually record many such tracks and average them, then upload that as the correction. I am asking if anyone has built a routine to do this under INDI.

Thanks,

Scott
7 years 7 months ago #9500

• Thank you received: 24
Is anyone using the Open PECTool while INDI server is running? I hope to be testing this soon.

Source: sourceforge.net/projects/openpectool/?source=directory

This does compile with some include additions on the RPI3, as well as a slight change to the qthread.h msleep (which needs to be made public, as a quick change to see if the app can run.)

Using the astroberry server image the following needed to be installed: sudo apt-get install qt4-default libqt4-dev qt4-dev-tools qtcreator

If all goes right, it can mean remote control of PEC while Ekos is running on RPI3 using ubuntu-mate.

Perhaps this code can help convert into a INDI native control. I do not have enough time to put this together at this point.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Radek Kaczorek
6 years 9 months ago #17139

• Thank you received: 6
Do you have a recorded run generated by OpenPecTool that you can share? I wanted to see if I can get the original PecTool to average it, as it seems the main missing thing in the Open port.
1 year 8 months ago #84527

Time to create page: 1.045 seconds