INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Kstars 2.6.0 - Ekos and Device not in tools menu

• Thank you received: 7
For development purposes,

I have just fetched and built indi from github.com/indilib/indi.git and kstars from git://anongit.kde.org/kstars.
When I run kstars, I find that neither Device Manager nor Ekos is available in the Tools menu.

I'd really appreciate a hint as to the best move forward. Is this a known problem? Have I screwed up the configuration. WIth reference to the snapshot below of relevant INDI config, I have verified that indiserver is in /usr/bin and that /usr/local/share/indi contains a valid "drivers.xml".

Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by Robert Barlow. Reason: grammer
7 years 7 months ago #9595
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Did you install INDI to /usr/ or /usr/local? It should be the former. Remove any instances of INDI under /usr/local. Make sure INDI is installed to /usr and then purge KStars build directory and build it again.
7 years 7 months ago #9598

OK - current status: indi under /usr, kstars rebuilt and installed under /usr and no residual indi files in /usr/local/*

Still the same symptoms. The only other, possibly helpful, thing I can offer is that I checked that the kstars build included indi support.
7 years 7 months ago #9599

Another thing I have noticed is that when I uninstall/reinstall kstars, my configuration entries persist ; ergo some permanent storage location that I can't find. Could that be where a bit of bad config could be hiding? BTW thanks.
7 years 7 months ago #9601

is KStars itself install to /usr and not /usr/local? You might be having two. At any rate, send me the TeamViewer details and I'll take a look.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Robert Barlow
7 years 7 months ago #9602

Both indi and kstars are installed under /usr. There are no indi or kstars files under /usr/local.

I have set up TeamViewer on the relevant machine and have emailed the connection details.
7 years 7 months ago #9603

That's just great.
Thanks for finding & fixing.
7 years 7 months ago #9604

Thanks for that. Going well now
7 years 7 months ago #9605

Time to create page: 0.488 seconds