INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

INDI on MacOS X and Homebrew

• Thank you received: 174
Be careful with upgrading to 10.11, homebrew doesn't work with El Capitan correctly yet... Peter
8 years 4 months ago #6047

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Hi, INDI Server for OSX 2.1.4 is based on INDI 1.1 r2578 and contains among other ASI ZWO and SBIG drivers. Unfortunately, I can't test it as far as I don't have hardware. Is there anybody who can try it? Thank you, Peter

download.cloudmakers.eu/INDI_Server_2.1.4.dmg
8 years 4 months ago #6119

• Thank you received: 46
I downloaded and installed on the mac. Indi server seems to start correctly, and I can connect to it both locally and from a linux box over the network.

I downloaded the sbig driver stuff from the sbig site, install it all. ST-10 doesn't get recognized by the indi server with sbig driver running, complains it cannot connect. So, I downloaded ccdops lite from sbig site, to verify the camera is working. Ccdops lite doesn't find the camera either.

Not really sure how to diagnose the issue on the mac, but, right now I suspect the problem is that the firmware is not being loaded into the fx on the sbig, and I'm not quite sure how to do that offhand. I dont know what the equivalent for fxload on the mac is, to force load camera firmware by hand.
8 years 4 months ago #6139

• Thank you received: 46
Ok, after jumping thru more hoops, I got indi server working with the sbig driver on the mac. I'm on yosemite here stil, and the magic trick is:-
sudo nvram boot-args="-v kext-dev-mode=0"

You need to turn off enforcement of driver signing, then things start to work. The sbig stuff is apparently not signed.

After I got the indi server running with the sbig driver, connected to it over the network using kstars on the linux box and I'm able to manipulate my st-10. Preliminary quick checks, I set a temperature, took a shot, and changed filters in the cfw-10, all seemed to work. Taking a 1 second dark delivers an almost black image, 1 second light gives a nearly saturated image, both of which are correct for where I have the camera sitting. on the floor in broad daylight. So the shutter seems to be working correctly.
8 years 4 months ago #6142

INDI Server for OS X 2.1.9 with untested QSI CCD driver is available. Any feedback from QSI owners is welcome :) Peter

www.cloudmakers.eu/indiserver
8 years 3 months ago #6660

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by iapa on topic INDI on MacOS X and Homebrew

Hi, as I am looking to use my QHY 6 CCD under OSX, per link earlier in this thread I have just downloaded v2.0.13 (1.0.0.2219) which has QHY CCD drivers

Using the link on the website, I downloaded 2.1.8 which no longer seems to have the QHY devices listed.

Is this an oversight, or has QHY been dropped?

Is there a timescale to reinstate this?

Thanks
8 years 3 months ago #6707

Hi, this driver was dropped in version 2.1.1 in November 2015 due to some legal stuff. I hope, it is a temporary situation, but author of SDK used in this driver is not communicating last half a year. I wrote to him just last weekend again, but have no reply :( Peter
8 years 3 months ago #6709

Updated to 2.2.8 with new driver XML schema support and cfitsio3380.

www.cloudmakers.eu/indiserver

8 years 1 week ago #7710
Attachments:

• Thank you received: 9

Replied by Adam on topic INDI on MacOS X and Homebrew

Hi,
is the homebrew repo still supported? When I tap or install packages from the repo I get the following warnings that it says I should report ;):

Warning: Calling Formula.sha1 is deprecated!
Use Formula.sha256 instead.
/usr/local/Homebrew/Library/Taps/polakovic/homebrew-astronomy/libcfitsio.rb:6:in `<class:Libcfitsio>'
Please report this to the polakovic/astronomy tap!

Warning: Calling SoftwareSpec#sha1 is deprecated!
Use SoftwareSpec#sha256 instead.
/usr/local/Homebrew/Library/Taps/polakovic/homebrew-astronomy/libcfitsio.rb:6:in `<class:Libcfitsio>'

Warning: Calling Resource#sha1 is deprecated!
Use Resource#sha256 instead.

Edit:
Now that I tried, it fails building libindi because it doesn't find libusb-1.0.
Last edit: 7 years 6 months ago by Adam.
7 years 6 months ago #10440

Hi Adam, to be honest, it is homebrew formulas are not updated for a quite long time. Actually nobody used them and homebrew itself became hard to use on El Capitan and later (permissions conflict on /usr/local and also this libusb issue). Do you really need to build it from source? If you need just binaries, you can find them inside INDI Server for OSX package. Peter
7 years 6 months ago #10443

• Thank you received: 9

Replied by Adam on topic INDI on MacOS X and Homebrew

Hi Peter, thanks for your answer. I was able to compile it from the git source now on OS X 10.11 following the readme. I have not yet tested the outcome however. It seems that on 10.12, just placing the cfitsio a.s.o. libraries in the same folder as the indi source doesn't work for some reason. I want to build it from source because I am trying to compile KStars and Ekos on OS X and I don't know whether the INDI Server for OS X binaries will work for that. Anyway, no problem on the homebrew version as I got it working from the git source now it seems :)
7 years 6 months ago #10446

• Thank you received: 812
I had the same problem with the home-brew version of libinidi, I eventually built it from source and now it works great! I have KStars and Ekos running on OS X. I am still working on some issues but it works.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jasem Mutlaq
7 years 6 months ago #10455

Time to create page: 1.063 seconds