INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Astroberry Server

• Thank you received: 15

Replied by Tom on topic Astroberry Server

Hi Han.K,
Do you provide a PPA for ASTAP and HNSKY for armhf and also x64 system?
Thanks.
5 years 4 months ago #31249
The topic has been locked.
  • Thank you received: 92

Replied by han on topic Astroberry Server

I'm not familiar with PPA, but there is no repository available for updates. Both programs are provided a Debian package for installation at armhf (32 bit). The large star databases (mag 16, mag 17) are also provided as Debian package or zip file. The mag 18 star database is only provided as zip file.

Compiling for arm 64 bit is outstanding, but I had too many problems in setting up the compiler (object pascal, Lazarus/FPC) for 64 bit. That initiative is put on hold. I think 64bit is rare for arm processor systems so has no priority.

If somebody could set up a repository or tell me about an existing which I could use, that would be nice.

The easiest solution would be using the latest Astroberry image with everything installed. That is the core idea. But you have to setup your personal settings again.
5 years 4 months ago #31250
  • Thank you received: 375

Replied by Radek Kaczorek on topic Astroberry Server

Right, I sticked to astrometry.net in this release, but will add ASTAP in the next update. In the meantime users can install it on their own from binaries you provide.

I would suggest that /home/astroberry directory is backed-up before reflashing microSD card with new version. This way you can preserve personal settings between upgrades,
Last edit: 5 years 4 months ago by Radek Kaczorek.
5 years 4 months ago #31251
  • Thank you received: 69

Replied by Jerry Black on topic Astroberry Server

Hi, Simple question I hope. Is there a way to configure the NoVNC window such that it would fit to the screen size of the current browser window to avoid having to scroll? For example, when using a MacBook, navigation is trivial, but when viewing this from an iPad, things like KStar dialog window resizing can be problematic with fat fingers.
5 years 4 months ago #31558

It's very simple indeed ;-) Just click settings on the sliding panel (gear icon) and set Scaling Mode to local before connecting to desktop. It will rescale Astroberry Server desktop to whatever your local screen size is. Have fun!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jerry Black
5 years 4 months ago #31559
  • Thank you received: 69

Replied by Jerry Black on topic Astroberry Server

Excellent, Thanks. :)
5 years 4 months ago #31560
  • Thank you received: 29

Replied by Helge on topic Astroberry Server

Hi Radek,

Just installed the Astroberry Server in the RPi 3B+. I wanted to do some customizations for the rpi-Focuser driver. When applying the “cmake -DCMAKE_ ...” command, I am getting an error message

‘Could not find INDI include directory’ referring to the CMakeLists.txt file, row 18, which actially says:

find_package(INDI REQUIRED)

Did you or anyone else come across this problem, how can I resolve? Would assume that all required INDI packages would already be on the image file. I have been running although updates.

Best, Helge
5 years 4 months ago #31696
  • Thank you received: 29

Replied by Helge on topic Astroberry Server

solved by following those instructions to install indilib:

github.com/indilib/indi/blob/master/README.md
5 years 4 months ago #31717
  • Thank you received: 0

Replied by Fabio Silvi on topic Astroberry Server

Hi Kaczorek,
thanks for your work!
Using Astroberry 18.04 I have to add an INDI server starter in order for Skychart to manage my mount and equipment.
I add (easily) ser2net and I can manage my mount (ioptron ZEQ25) from Skysafari without any software at the middle.
Could I suggest you to include in the next Astroberry release also the PhotoPolarAlign? In that way we can manage the polar align like SharpCap, using just a DSLR camera.

Best Regards
5 years 3 months ago #32320

I'm glad you find it useful. I'm not aware of PhotoPolarAlign software. Could you share a link to the package? I will take a look at it.
5 years 3 months ago #32325
  • Thank you received: 0

Replied by Fabio Silvi on topic Astroberry Server

Hi Kaczorek
PhotoPolarAlign is A python utility to help align equatorial telescopes by imaging the Celestial Pole region
Sharpcap polar align routine is ispired to PhotoPolarAlign
PhotoPolarAlign
Cheers
Fabio
5 years 3 months ago #32366

Hi, this is already provided by Ekos polar align procedure. Have you tried it?
5 years 3 months ago #32480
Moderators: Radek Kaczorek
Time to create page: 3.019 seconds