INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

First light

• Thank you received: 1

First light was created by mario

Hi guys,
I'm Mario from Florence (Italy), this is my first topic!
Yesterday night I tried the first light with Ekos + Indi with my set-up :
• SW az-eq6 gt + eqmod
• Sbig st8300m
• Ts oag7
• SX Lodestar
• Robofocus
• Pentax75
Things gone right:
• All the connection works fine and I was able to control all the equipment installed.
• I tried to capture and solve to sync the telescope and everything gone well.
Things gone not well:
• Focusing , I tried to focus unsuccessfully. I tried to manage the various parameter but no way. I guess I’m making some error, the next time I’ll make other attempts. Furthermore, from the web site I undestood that it is possible to re-focus during the CCD session but I was unable to find this option.
Things to test:
• Guiding.
Improvement:
1. In the CCD tab should be possible to do framing. This function ( already available in the focusing tab) is very useful for various manual operation (first of all polar alignment). So I hope in the next upgrade we’ll have this function.
2. Set-up configuration. Every time I restart the INDI lib I lost my configuration, should be much better to maintain the last configuration used or to be possible to save/recover the configuration (including CCD sequence).
Cheers!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jasem Mutlaq
10 years 3 months ago #538

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Jasem Mutlaq on topic First light

Thanks speedking80 for the report! Actually, there is a problem with focusing currently, and just _today_ the weather cleared here so I can test it and hopefully commit a fix later today. Regarding "framing", it is already available in the focus tab, and the focus tab is created whenever there is a CCD, so no need to duplicate it on the CCD tab. Regarding the CCD sequence, I'll add a save/load function later on. What other configurations you were referring to?
The following user(s) said Thank You: mario
10 years 3 months ago #539

Replied by mario on topic First light

Hi knro, thanks for the prompt reply!

I'm referring to the configuration in "Control Panel" of the Ekos main page. In the "Control Panel" I must set for example:
- EQmod tab: focal length of main scope, diameter of main scope, focal length of the guiding scope, diameter of the guiding scope and so on
- CCD tab: temperature
I think should be very useful that the program recover the last setting used or mauch better to have the possibility to save\recover these settings!
It will be possible to re-focus automatically each time we change the filter during an automatic sequence?
10 years 3 months ago #540

Replied by Jasem Mutlaq on topic First light

When you enter the values, go to Options tab and click "Save" in the configuration property. Then go to Ekos Options (in the Setup tab of Ekos), and select Load configuration on Connection. Maybe I should make this the default behavior...

There is a new feature (I am testing it right _now_) for automatic focusing between exposures. There is only one metric Half-Flux-Radius (HFR), so once you perform the initial autofocus on your target, you will get a certain HFR value after the autofocus process in complete. You can then put that value (or 5%-10% above it) in the CCD tab. Then Ekos will re-measure the HFR after each exposure. This is much more practical and convenient than specifying other parameters like changing filters, or checking temperature or what have you.
10 years 3 months ago #541
Attachments:

Replied by mario on topic First light

Great job! I look forward to test the new features

keep in touch!

Mario
10 years 3 months ago #543

Time to create page: 0.524 seconds