INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

How to use smartphone GPS with INDI-GPSD

• Thank you received: 30
I can not send a log file. .
Last edit: 6 years 5 months ago by T-Studio.
6 years 5 months ago #20488

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Can anyone else confirm? All the times and locations setting here are propagated just fine to clients and drivers.
6 years 5 months ago #20491

I got a log again.
See also the image.
Last edit: 6 years 5 months ago by T-Studio.
6 years 5 months ago #20494
Attachments:

• Thank you received: 812
I think mine did work, but I cannot say for sure because it is very similar to the time and location the computer already had. But I do notice that in your iNDI control panel, you clicked "Device." To my knowledge that means it gets its time/date information from the mount. When you click "computer", I believe that means it gets its information from the computer and sends it to the mount. I think in this case you want the GPS information from the GPS device to be used and for that to go to the mount. There almost needs to be a 3rd button. But I think if you have selected computer, it sends it from the computer unless it has a GPS and then it sends it from that. Am I correct in this thinking?
6 years 5 months ago #20512

Hello

The problem is two.

1. Get information from the smartphone to the gps-nmea driver.
However, the time and acquisition time of the smartphone are different.
(About 5 minutes)

2. The acquired information is not transferred from the gps - nmea driver to the mount driver.
(Kstars 'time will be acquisition time, but that departs from the smartphone' s time as above).

Firstly, if there is no time difference between gps - nmea drivers, the problem may be solved.
6 years 5 months ago #20534

Aside from that,

RaspberryPi3 has gps installed on gpio.
In this case, the check box for getting information on Ekos environment setting was a device.

I checked the device in the same way to get information on Skysafari I tried earlier.

In the gps - nmea driver, Kstars seems to have acquired time, so I believe that it will be usable if the time difference (about 5 minutes) to be acquired is resolved.
6 years 5 months ago #20535

• Thank you received: 62
Hi!

I'm trying to use the GPSnema to connect my Stellarmate to my Android phone, but cannot make it work. I use "Share GPS" app on my phone, sharing through TCP, I set the port to 50000. Phone is connected to Stellarmate wifi network, I use the ip number given by the Stellarmate.

When connecting the GPS NEMA in Indi panel, I get this:
"Error getting device readings: Success" in red. Which I find somwhat confusing.... The "connect" button stays red and time and place are not update.

What do I do wrong?

Magnus
5 years 7 months ago #29398

Yes that's confusing. What IP are you using exactly? It should be the phone IP address.
5 years 7 months ago #29400

• Thank you received: 62
Hi!

Yes, confusing. Even more confusing: now it works... I fiddled with the settings, but as far as I know just reentered the same - how ever, changed port to 2947. Use phone IP when connected to the Stellarmate wifi net. And GPS app sending NEMA.

So now it seems to work.. :)

Magnus
5 years 7 months ago #29403

• Thank you received: 3
Hi . I followed the instructions about How to use smartphone GPS with INDI-GPSD in this topic and turned it into a video. here is the result.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jasem Mutlaq, Alfred
5 years 5 months ago #30777

Thanks a lot for taking the time for making this video, great job! We need more community videos like this!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rani Ahmad
5 years 5 months ago #30784

• Thank you received: 3
OK... now I made another video about using a GPS USB dongle with kstars. I bought The dongle from AliExpress.com . Enjoy!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jasem Mutlaq
5 years 5 months ago #30800

Time to create page: 0.400 seconds