INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Beginner questions, be gentle please :)

• Thank you received: 140
Hi All,
Am new here so be gentle
I set up an RPi3 a while back with Kstars and Ekos along with INDI drivers and used it over VCN, but now I want to install the Kstars Ekos for Windows, and run from there remotely, so my question is can I have a direct network cable connection from RPi3 to my PC or have I got to connect them both to my router..I don’t want to go down the wireless route as heard that is a bit hit and miss, especially when guiding.
Secondly what is the best way to do an indi update for the driver library on the RPi3 to get the latest drivers, as mine will be a few months out of date, I have Ubuntu mate, Kstars, indi on the RPi3, but only need to update indi...
Thanks in advance :)
AB
6 years 3 months ago #22195

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

It can be done either way, but with direct, you might need to setup more stuff on the RPI3 side. I don't recall where exactly, but it was discussed in the forum so you can use the search function. It also comes standard with StellarMate.
6 years 3 months ago #22196

Yes I saw the SM, if I got that or just the Stellarmate OS, would I have to use standard network cable or a crossover type..
And would it use same port network settings as now over local network.
Also what’s the best and easiest way to update indi... :)
AB
6 years 3 months ago #22197

You can use a standard network cable. The easiest way to update INDI is by using the official PPA. In SM using the Software Update icon on the Desktop.
6 years 3 months ago #22198

Official PPA .....
lost me I am afraid, can you tell me the command line to put in terminal window as I do know that it goes there... just no idea what to write..
6 years 3 months ago #22201

Run this for the first time only:
sudo apt-add-repository ppa:mutlaqja/ppa
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get -y install indi-full kstars-bleeding

Then to get updates, either use the software updater in your OS, or use this command:
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get -y dist-upgrade
The following user(s) said Thank You: AstroNerd
6 years 3 months ago #22203

Time to create page: 0.172 seconds