INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Ekos focus module direction confusion

• Thank you received: 1
I have just started using libindi/kstars/ekos on a raspberry pi with a home made focuser/arduino emulating a moonlite focuser. (Installed kstars-bleeding on pc and libindi on r-pi according to instructions elsewhere on this forum)
I'm a little confused about the direction the focuser moves in the different control panels. I'm not sure if I have encountered a bug in Ekos, the indidriver or whether it's my arduino implementation. I just want to make sure I've got it all correct.
In the indi control panel. 'focus In' selected, set a relative number of steps moves the focuser in to an absolute position number less than the current position and 'focus out' to an absolute position number higher than the current position. This is expected behaviour (once I've got the stepper motor connected the right way around).
However, in the Ekos focus tab the opposite happens. FocusIn move the focuser out and visa versa.
The only thing I can find that might be the problem (and I'm not that familiar with C programming and the kstars/ekos/libindi source code) is in file focus.cpp
projects.kde.org/projects/kde/kdeedu/kst...stars/ekos/focus.cpp
Focus::FocusIn
365      if (canAbsMove)
                 currentFocuser->absMoveFocuser(pulseStep+ms);
 Focus::FocusOut            
396    if (canAbsMove)
               currentFocuser->absMoveFocuser(pulseStep-ms);
My gut feeling is that these two absMoveFocuser should be reversed. If that is the case than this problem should be present for all focusers that can move absolute or am I missing something?
9 years 11 months ago #1049

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

You're correct, they're reversed, but so is everything else in the focusing code so this is why I didn't see it. It is now corrected in kstars-bleeding and GIT.
9 years 11 months ago #1050

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.367 seconds