INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

INDI-gphoto-CCD driver keeps crashing

• Thank you received: 22
Similar to other reports I've found recently, I now have a similar crash happening on my Acer r3-131t notebook (intel bay trail) running xubuntu 16.04

When I run indiserver with the gphoto driver it crashes. When run standalone the driver reports the same failure.

$ indi_gphoto_ccd
indi_gphoto_ccd: symbol lookup error: indi_gphoto_ccd: undefined symbol: _ZN4INDI3CCD16ExposureCompleteEP7CCDChip

Odd thing is, this is the only computer it is happening on, my older notebook is AMD64 and is running Ubuntu-mate without issues but is very old and slow.
I tried compiling from a clean fresh git clone but it still persists.

Has anyone else seen this or have Ideas as to the cause?
6 years 2 months ago #22284

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 95
sudo apt-add-repository ppa:mutlaqja/libgphoto2
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get -y dist-upgrade

sudo apt-get install indi-gphoto
You can try my open project Astronomy Linux
Last edit: 6 years 2 months ago by Oleg.
6 years 2 months ago #22293
Attachments:

For some reason, Launchpad stopped building indi-gphoto (which is a daily package) for about a week now. I triggered a build yesterday and it still pending! I think they are having some problems.. so let's just wait for a couple more hours.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ray Wells
6 years 2 months ago #22295

So I investigated more.. turns out Launchpad is down due to the recent CPU security issues with Meltdown and Spectre. twitter.com/launchpadstatus

Guess we'll have to wait a couple of days before all builds are back to normal. Sorry folks, out of my control!
6 years 2 months ago #22300

• Thank you received: 95
In any case, your solution from my post is already actual.
You can try my open project Astronomy Linux
6 years 2 months ago #22301

I may have found a clue on this. I still had the gphoto error today after updating from repo, and even building to get the Onstep driver changes so I poked at it a bit more. After checking for hidden dependencies and testing the state of gphoto2 and libgphoto(didn't seem to be anything missing), I specifically built and installed the driver from the indi-gphoto folder and now it works! This seemed odd enough to report. Maybe the main package build is missing this driver somehow? Hope this helps. :)
6 years 2 months ago #22544

One problem could be that Canonical Launchpad is down for 2 weeks now, so no packages are getting built. This is hitting us quite hard and I'm trying to look for solutions.
6 years 2 months ago #22545

Yeah that can't be helping matters. We'll just have to be patient I guess. I got it going for now at least. I'm also replacing this bay trail c-state mess of an acer(hard locks at random intervals) with an rpi3b running mate. I just got it to compile everything but haven't run any tests yet. Hopefully this was a localized issue.
clear skies!
Ray
6 years 2 months ago #22569

Time to create page: 0.243 seconds