INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

[SOLVED]: Question about setting FRAME

• Thank you received: 28
Hi,

still struggling about an issue with my INDI Client setting a subframe for doing image. If I do send tot set the values, I run into troubles. I watched the XML send to INDI server (EKOS on MAC):

<getProperties version="1.7" />
<newSwitchVector device="CCD Simulator" name="CCD_ABORT_EXPOSURE"><oneSwitch name="ABORT">On</oneSwitch></newSwitchVector>
<enableBLOB device="CCD Simulator">Also</enableBLOB>
<newSwitchVector device="CCD Simulator" name="CCD_COMPRESSION"><oneSwitch name="CCD_COMPRESS">On</oneSwitch></newSwitchVector>
<newSwitchVector device="CCD Simulator" name="CCD_FRAME_TYPE"><oneSwitch name="FRAME_LIGHT">On</oneSwitch></newSwitchVector>
<newNumberVector device="CCD Simulator" name="CCD_BINNING"><oneNumber name="HOR_BIN">1</oneNumber><oneNumber name="VER_BIN">1</oneNumber></newNumberVector>'
<newNumberVector device="CCD Simulator" name="CCD_FRAME"><oneNumber name="WIDTH">3388</oneNumber><oneNumber name="HEIGHT">2712</oneNumber><oneNumber name="X">0</oneNumber><oneNumber name="Y">0</oneNumber></newNumberVector>
<newNumberVector device="CCD Simulator" name="CCD_EXPOSURE"><oneNumber name="CCD_EXPOSURE_VALUE">5</oneNumber></newNumberVector>

As soon as I add the red part in the sending, things go wrong. CCD_Simulator does Subframe directly from EKOS. Does somebody has any idea ?
Any help appreciated.

Michel
Last edit: 5 years 8 months ago by Michael.
6 years 2 weeks ago #24060

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Got the answer myself, but still a question left.

The clou: I use the order WIDTH and HEIGHT before X and Y. This causes an error. If I change it to use X and Y before WIDTH and HEIGHT, it runs flawless.

But why is in this XML the order relevant ? All key values are on the same level. XML should be agnostic against the order in this case ???

Cheers, Michel
6 years 2 weeks ago #24062

You're right, it shouldn't matter. It was an issue in INDI CCD and it's fixed in GIT.
6 years 2 weeks ago #24100

Jasem,

thanks for fixing,

Michel
5 years 10 months ago #25901

Time to create page: 0.203 seconds