INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

OSX issue with GSC

• Thank you received: 0

OSX issue with GSC was created by kyuzumaki

I cant seem to get this working. I've used the RPI instructions compiled gsc, moved the files around as the guide says set up the GSCDAT path. The path shows up when I query with printev.

When I open kstars and try to use the ccd simulator it just shows fuzz and the ccd simulator info says [ERROR] Got no stars, is gsc installed with appropriate environment variables set ??

In terminal typing> gsc shows the gsc help info so it seems to be working. also> cd GSCDAT jumps to the correct folder.

Not sure how to debug this further? Any suggestions?
Last edit: 6 years 2 weeks ago by kyuzumaki.
6 years 2 weeks ago #24139

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Jasem Mutlaq on topic OSX issue with GSC

Compiled GSC? What OS are you running on RPI3? If Ubuntu then a package is already available:
sudo apt-get install gsc

And in Mac, you're connecting with the remote INDI server in the RPI3 and not the local one?
The following user(s) said Thank You: kyuzumaki
Last edit: 6 years 2 weeks ago by Jasem Mutlaq.
6 years 2 weeks ago #24143

Replied by kyuzumaki on topic OSX issue with GSC

Sorry I wasn't clear enough in my explanation I'm running on a mac entirely. Its all connecting to the local server started via Ekos. The instructions are just written for a RPI but no PI is involved in the setup. I followed this information github.com/jamiesmith/kstars-on-osx but cant seem to get it working.

I have a few rpi's kicking around I hadn't considered it as an option to be honest.

On osx I have homebrew package manager but there is no gsc package on there so I have to install it manually unless I've missed a packaged version somewhere else.
Last edit: 6 years 2 weeks ago by kyuzumaki.
6 years 2 weeks ago #24152

• Thank you received: 809

Replied by Rob Lancaster on topic OSX issue with GSC

There is an os x dmg that i built that has most of what you need already embedded in it. All you need to do is download it from the kstars website. GSC is not included by default because of its size. For GSC in mac KStars, you need to put the gsc folder in the kstars data folder. But you dont have to do this by hand, there is a downloader for osx gsc built into KStars. It is in the kstars setup wizard.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jasem Mutlaq, kyuzumaki
6 years 2 weeks ago #24159

Replied by kyuzumaki on topic OSX issue with GSC

Brilliant thank-you! I missed that at the start and all my google searching only threw up those manual install instructions on github. Working now perfectly :)
6 years 2 weeks ago #24166

Time to create page: 0.237 seconds