INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Eqmod driver crashing and alignment issues

• Thank you received: 0
BG- Using OSX with High Sierra 10.13.3, NEQ6 with EQ direct cable, Canon 450D, ZWO ASI120MC

1: When I hit start INDI in Ekos using the local server it says Eqmod driver failed. I can bypass this by starting a remote server in terminal with >> ./indiserver -vv ./indi_eqmod_telescope ./indi_asi_ccd
All was fine until I tried to use my Canon DSLR which connects fine using the Ekos built in server but fails with the command line one. I'm sure if it works on the terminal app it should be possible to make it work in Ekos with some knowledge?

2: I am used to aligning manually by centring a few stars with the controller this takes 5 mins. Can Ekos allow me to manually align with a list of stars in the same way? I have tried the solver but with the ZWO it fails 95% of the time .

3: Is there already a driver for remote hand controls bluetooth or similar?

Many thanks!
6 years 4 weeks ago #24367

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Looks like there is problem with EQMod is the latest KStars release for MacOS, Robert is investigating that, hopefully we'll have a solution soon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: kyuzumaki
6 years 4 weeks ago #24385

Thanks for the reply I'm happy to help debug if I can. Trying to compile from source so I can have a look at the code. I have noticed running
./indiserver -vv ./indi_canon_ccd

2018-03-22T20:43:37: startup: ./indiserver -vv ./indi_canon_ccd
2018-03-22T20:43:37: Driver ./indi_canon_ccd: pid=15609 rfd=3 wfd=6 efd=7
2018-03-22T20:43:37: listening to port 7624 on fd 4
2018-03-22T20:43:37: Driver ./indi_canon_ccd: sending <getProperties version='1.7'/>

2018-03-22T20:43:37: Driver ./indi_canon_ccd: Number of cameras detected: -4.
2018-03-22T20:43:37: Driver ./indi_canon_ccd: read <message device='' name=''>

Gives me that output and camera is not detected at all. But from within Ekos the camera connects fine, so it must be something simple, possibly setting or disabling PTP mode?! Ekos asks about it when connecting command line version doesn't mention PTP at all. Would be great to have even a workaround. Frustratingly I can make my camera and mount work individually but not at the same time..
Last edit: 6 years 3 weeks ago by kyuzumaki.
6 years 3 weeks ago #24467

Got it running from source cant no luck fixing it yet though. Is Robert on these forums?
6 years 2 weeks ago #24671

• Thank you received: 420
I encountered the same problem on OS X and managed to make everything work fine using a Ubuntu Mate VM in VirtualBox. Perhaps that could help you while Robert fixes the issue.
6 years 2 weeks ago #24675

• Thank you received: 812
Sorry it’s been the end of the marking period for me and I’ve had a lot on my plate. The issue is fairly simple for EQMod. But I want to make sure the solution will work well for everyone. We will get it fixed and it will be in kstars and indi shortly. I am now on my spring break and have more time. For running canon from the command line, it needs environment variables to find its iolibs and camlibs. Kstars gives it those variables when it starts up. If you want to run it from the command line without installing homebrew you will need to export the environment variables before starting it up.

Thanks,

Rob
The following user(s) said Thank You: kyuzumaki
6 years 2 weeks ago #24680

Thanks Rob looking forward to the update. Other than that small niggle its a great bit of software.

2: For anyone reading the first post I now really love the alignment solver in ekos. I did two things one was discover my collimation of the scope was slightly off after recent transportation which wasn't helping. Secondly I set up the astrometry.net solver locally and downloaded all the data files. Now it runs offline and is 100 times as fast.

3: Havent found a joystick driver for OSX. May need to write one myself thinking of using a bluetooth joypad like this amzn.eu/cPJNZTs
6 years 2 weeks ago #24760

Time to create page: 0.278 seconds