INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

little problem with QHY165C camera

• Thank you received: 9
Did you set your gain to about 1000 or more? Unity gain is 3200, which is too high given the dynamic range. The dynamic range on this camera is relatively flat with gain settings out to 2500. Bruce
5 years 11 months ago #24957

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 51
Not sure the gain have to do something with the viewing offset of the image. Maybe I will try to change the gain value, but I am not confident in the fact that it can solve the problem. Which one looks more as a question of synchro in reading cam memory and transfert.
5 years 11 months ago #24961

The image looks like a lot of noise which is not normal for Sony CMOS cameras. To me it looks like very low gain with extreme stretch... I am the US distributor for QHY cameras. Bruce Morrell
5 years 11 months ago #24963

Hello Bruce,
My question wasn't about the settings of gain and offset for the capture but the shift to left of the image that can be seen on the one I included in the beginning of the discussion.
5 years 11 months ago #24967

OK cool! Jan who responded below is the right guy to follow up with.... Bruce
5 years 11 months ago #24969

• Thank you received: 2
Hello, I wonder if a solution has been found for this problem. I am currently having the exact same issue with my QHY165C. I would also like to add that this was previously a problem on the ASCOM platform as well, which was solved in the latest SDK.
5 years 4 months ago #30987

The problem disappeared quite completely on x86_64 platforms. I have time to time some malformed images. But it still remain on arm platforms. Trying to warn Jan and Qiu on the problem looks to be useless. Nothing evolved since I raised the problem quite 1 year ago.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jonathan Chui
5 years 4 months ago #31004

• Thank you received: 2
Hi pandut,

Thank you for your response. This means that I shall return to SGPro and ditch StellarMate for now then ...
5 years 4 months ago #31019

You tried this with the INDI Stable or Nightly release? The nightly should have the latest QHYSDK 3.1.0
5 years 4 months ago #31020

When igo there github.com/qhyccd-lzr/QHYCCD_Linux_New/b...-Ubuntu-armv8.tar.gz I only see a qhyccdsdk-v2.0.11 SDK. I didn't tested it.
5 years 4 months ago #31023

Did you use INDI Nightly with the camera? I will test it again with the 168C to see if I get any issues. What should I be expecting for a room-test? I have the camera on the desk and not attached to the mount.
5 years 4 months ago #31027

You might have the unluckiness to obtain an image on two some time more, some time less. It looks like it is composed by the current capture plus the following one. As I understand the capture process for cmos sensors is continuous. So you get the capture you expected for the time you required shifted left and a trailer of the ongoing capture on the sensor. Both separated by a black vertical dark zone. Like the one I posted on qhy forum. I must remind that this happens on arm device with usb 2.0 (in my case the Tinkerboard).
Last edit: 5 years 4 months ago by Patrick.
5 years 4 months ago #31032
Attachments:

Time to create page: 1.046 seconds