INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

USB clash between ASI120MM and other INDI devices

• Thank you received: 0
I've been running EKOS/Indi successfully on Ubuntu 16.04 with with a Starlight Xpress H9 CCD and QHY5LII guide camera on a EQ6 mount. I now want to add ASI120MM as an electronic finder.

When I connect the ZWO INDI recognises the camera but cannot download any images from it. I have flashed camera to the latest compatibility firmware, and using ASICAP I can get it to work with the PC.

Interestingly if I only use the simulators the ASI camera works. However if I use any other device in conjunction with the ASI the ASI will connect but fail to download the image. This is also true when I try to use ASICAP and say connect to EQMOD using INDI.

It is final for the devices to be plugged in just started in INDI.

Is there anything I log I can get from EKOS to help work out what is happening?
5 years 10 months ago #25970

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 226
Maybe a power issue, especially if running on a raspberry pi. Try a it with a good powered usb hub, and you can also increase the USB current limit in a Pi by adding
max_usb_current=1
to the boot config. It sets the available current over USB to 1.2A (default is 600mA).
5 years 10 months ago #25974

• Thank you received: 0
Thanks for the reply.

You were right it was a power issue. If I run the ASI camera directly from the desktop I can get everything working together. I have ordered powered USB hub.
5 years 10 months ago #25985

Time to create page: 0.470 seconds